All reviews eggs yogurt historic property old town three blocks hotel is located parque calderon the main square its charm would highly recommend this hotel walking distance limited spanish breakfast was delicious third floor no window wooden floors plenty of hot water
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Beautiful room and lobby. Very nice staff. They let us leave our luggage there after check out while we went shopping. Breakfast was really good. I like the sky light in the hotel room.The only down side is the beds were hard.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Vale Sofia C, Director de Recepción at Casa San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Thank you for your comment; it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Stayed for two nights in January 2018. The hotel staff kindly let us check in a 4 a.m. after we got off an overnight bus. The hotel is beautiful, with a great location in the historic centre of the city.

Like many older buildings in Ecuador, the rooms are arranged around a central, open atrium. This does mean that noise travels throughout the building, but we did not find this to be a problem because the hotel is relaxed and quiet. Creaky floorboards are a small price to pay to stay in such a beautiful building!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comment; it is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. we hope that you return to Cuenca and if you do we will be glad to receive you.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I stayed here December 29, 2017-January 1, 2018. It's the only place to stay in Cuenca.

Valeria, Juan, and Lucia at the front desk were wonderful. And Celina in the kitchen was lovely. The building itself is gorgeous. My room was charming. It had a window, and I'm glad, but not all do. Be sure to ask. The hotel is centrally located. And the price was right.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Vale Sofia C, Director de Recepción at Casa San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel. Remember that Hotel Casa San Rafael is your second home in Cuenca. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights over New Years and were happy with our experience! The staff were incredibly friendly, the rooms were clean, and the free breakfast and coffee in the morning were a plus, although were nothing special (eggs, bread, and yogurt every day we were there). We mostly chose this place because of its location and reasonable price, but felt that we got more out of it than we expected. The room we stayed in was quite small with no windows, but it didn't bother us, as we spent most of our time exploring Cuenca anyway! Like most in Cuenca, the building was historic and beautifully re-done! I'd recommend to anyone looking for a charming base from which to explore the beautiful historic city of Cuenca.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. All your comments are essential to improving our service. We hope to have your presence on your next visit to Cuenca.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I can't say enough about this lovely boutique hotel. From the moment I arrived, the staff was courteous and helpful. The place was immaculate, snd breakfast was delicious. I loved the location in central historic Cuenca. I'm already considering a return visit before I go home.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Vale Sofia C, Director de Recepción at Casa San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Traveler. Remember that Hotel is your second home in Cuenca. Thank you for your comment and for choosing our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you again as a guest in our hotel.