“Not Impressed”

Price range: USD 12 - USD 20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The restaurant decor is rustic, long tables, heavy wood. The night we were there we experienced a heavy rainstorm which made it difficult to hear one another with their metal roof. Our server was efficient and friendly. We had fruit stuffed crepes, the apples should have been peeled and the crepe was tough. Cappuccino was a glass of hot milk with a hint of coffee. Other guests did enjoy their meals which is why my rating is not any lower. We will probably return to give them another try

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We have learned that a few places celebrate your birthday with you in Cuenca. La Parrilladad is one of them. You are given a special menu and food is prepared exactly to your request. I ordered "Churrasco" which is a large plate of rice, potatoes, salad, steak, red peppers and onions in sauce, and topped with fried eggs. The meat was done to perfection - 3/4 so it was tender and tasty. I specifically asked the waiter to make my eggs hard, which was done. Make sure everyone at the table tells the waiter how you each of you wants your eggs - I had only requested that my eggs be hard, but both of us had hard eggs, when my husband prefers to have runny centers so that the egg flavors the rice underneath. We could have requested that they change the order, but we didn't. The waiter came by every few minutes to see if we had all that we needed. We ate early - 12:30 so there wasn't a big crowd. The "almuerzo" lunch menu provides you with a goodly quantity of food for $4.50. If you like the Sunday buffet, the best time to get there for the Sunday buffet is around 12:30 so the meat is just off the grill.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Why this is so popular with the locals is a mystery to me, but I did my best to enjoy it when taken there for a special occasion. Heavy, greasy and overcooked is all I can say, plus all the flavors seem the same, but for some decent sausages.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank Louisb333
Reviewed 9 March 2017

I have eaten here a few times and the food, service are excellent. the prices are mid range and good for all foods.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 22 December 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed the brunch we had at La Parrillada -- soup, salad, small t-bone steaks, veggies and drinks -- and were surprised at the cost, $9.00 for both of us. The server we had spoke little English, but we did not have any trouble ordering. The food was fantastic and the steaks so tender and juicy, one could cut them with a fork. We will definitely be returning to have more meals there when we return to Cuenca.

Date of visit: November 2016