“Very good service and above average food”
Review of El Rey Del Burrito

El Rey Del Burrito
Ranked #228 of 665 Restaurants in Cuenca
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Finding good Mexican food in Cuenca is simply impossible. This place serves many Tex-Mex dishes and offers vegetarian options. Food is prepared with care and although it is not a proper traditional or typical Mexican, it is a very good effort.

Service is fast and very friendly, all who work there were very attentive. Prices are fair and meal sizes are ok. A big plus is the complimentary guacamole with totopos, which would keep me going back.

The place has a very pleasant terrace and credit cards are accepted.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Upscale mexican restaurant with good food and great service. The place is nicely decorated to provide a nice ambience.

Karol Veronica A, Propietario at El Rey Del Burrito, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for your comment! You will be always welcome!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Nice place. Good service. Top-tier prices. Second-rate food, drinks and portions. Chips were stale and chewy. Margarita was tasty but small (needed two to get thru my meal). Main course (chimimchanga) was the best value.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

On my recent visit to Cuenca we dined at El Rey Del Burrito twice. It is a lovely restaurant and the food is delicious. I enjoyed a vegetarian burrito with mole sauce which was divine. My grandkids enjoyed the quesadilla's and my daughter had a chicken burrito that she liked a lot. My son in law also enjoyed a burrito but I can't recall what it was. The portions are quite plentiful. They have an appetizer burrito that is about 12-16 inches long that looks like a fun thing to share. They brought out a small bowl of chips and quacamole that were so good. I wish it would have had more in the bowl. The service is very good and they do accept credit cards which was a plus for me. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Karol Veronica A, Propietario at El Rey Del Burrito, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your opinion. You are always welcome!

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We came by El Rey Del Burrito by coincidence but were very much satisfied by the quality of the Food and also the size of the portions.
The Service was great and the prices were more than ok. There was vegetarian Food available for our daughter so everybody was happy. We will visit that place again in the next days.