“Amazing Food, Service and Atmosphere”

Restaurante Spezia spicy cuisine
Ranked #84 of 1,529 Restaurants in Quito
Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

A friend and I had such a great experience the first time we ate here that we went back twice more during our short stay in Quito.
I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. The atmosphere is charming and comfortable, and the people are warm and inviting.
Everything on the menu looks fantastic, however my friend and I were lucky enough to enjoy a different tasting menu with each visit. The chef is talented, passionate and creative, and it was a pleasure to have him design a meal for us.
Prices are very reasonable, you would pay at least double if this restaurant was in North America. I wish I could eat here on a regular basis, I will absolutely be going back in the future.

Restaurante S, Propietario at Restaurante Spezia spicy cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Thank you for your kind words! It really was a pleasure having you here! We enjoyed making each menu and we're happy you liked them!!
We're looking forward to your next visit!!
Thank you again.

Daniel E.

Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

We visit Quito frequently to visit family and we've experienced all the best restaurants - from simple and authentic to fancy and pricey.... After eating at SPEZIA, I can honestly say it is the absolute best restaurant (in my humble opinion) and will now be a must-go for future visits. It is spot-on for ambience, service, and most importantly - delicious food that is unique yet offers a wide array for everyone's tastes, traditional yet with a creative spin, and gourmet yet affordably priced. Ahhh, want to go back... Now.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

This place is a gem! Owner/Chef is creative with spices and creates unique and delicious foods. You will not regret eating here. I was totally blown away by my dinner and really enjoyed talking with the chef as he is very passionate about his food. Staff was wonderful too. I would highly recommend eating here it is very close to the Anahi Boutique Hotel so if you are in the area make sure to eat as this restaurant at least once!
Thanks Spezia for a wonderful evening that I won't forget for a long time.

Restaurante S, Gerente at Restaurante Spezia spicy cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Thank you, we´re glad you enjoyed our food and service!

Reviewed 17 October 2015

We chose this restaurant because it was close to our hotel, Anahi (also a super boutique hotel). We were hesitant because it was quiet, but the menu looked good so we stayed. Thankfully we did! It is a restaurant that has just opened. The food was excellent! We had the pulled pork sandwich, ribs and the Mexican burger. All of us said it was some of the best food we have ever tasted. It is flavorful and fresh, and the quality is top notch. The chefs, who are also the owners, (speaks Engilsh) came to talk with us and also gave us a few complementary samples to try. It was so good we are heading back there tonight! ... Spicy does not mean hot. Just spices in the food to make it flavorful.

Thanks for your kind words. We try our best to delight our customers every time.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

We stumbled upon this restaurant as it was close to our hotel. We walked in based upon the ambiance, which was very warm and comfortable in a minimalist way. We were immediately met by the owners, who told us about the food and their style of using various spices to produce flavorful dishes. We decided to stay, and never regretted our decision. I had the ribs, while several members of our party enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich, and one enjoyed the Mexican burger. We all agreed the food was some of the best we've ever eaten anywhere. In addition, the service was fantastic, and the owners even provide an optional activity to help you understand the richness of spice. An overall fantastic experience.

Restaurante S, Propietario at Restaurante Spezia spicy cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Thank you so much. We are always happy to provide a great experience to our customers! If you ever visit Quito again we would love to have you back!