“Perfect place to explore Quito”
other travellers have booked this property
Great view while eating
Amazing phenomena of nature from a safe distance!!! Queen size bed, can split into two twins
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Great view while eating
Amazing phenomena of nature from a safe distance!!!
Queen size bed, can split into two twins
View from the thrid floor
Kitchen with a great view of the Andes and south of Quito
Kitchen view of the north oriental part of the city
TV Cable, Wi-Fi, DVD, movies and books
Microwave and coffee maker
Fruit stores
Big supermarket, 12 minutes walk
Great park within 3 minuts walk
La Ronda St
Train and Chimborazo volcano
Plaza de San Francisco
The jungle. Let us help with your traveling arrangements
Galapagos, we will help to find a good deal for you
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
pigir60
Terrebonne, Canada
“Perfect place to explore Quito”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in October 2015

We spend 5 weeks in Sandra's place and really loved it. All has been said about their hospitality and it's true. I would like to insist about the location. Hey, here you can walk to Sushibi sushi restaurant, for us perhaps the best sushi place we ever eated !!!. Say hello to Junior from his Canadian friends Pierre and Sylvie. On la calle the la Isla, 1 minute away, you can have a great almuerzo (lunch) for 4$ from a graduated cook !! and there is also a family own restaurant just on the next street wich is not to miss for 5$, all taxes and tips inclusive !! ... fruits and vege very nice and typical as you see on photos. At 3-5 minutes away walk the very good San Honore for delicius pastries and coffee. You can take a cab (2-2,50) to Mariscal wich is a great place for artisanal market, many terraces and restaurants..Same thing (2,50$ taxi) to beautiful shopping center Quicentro, Super day at the teleferico where you have to go !! (3$ taxi) ,We did cook on the stove a couple of fituccini with shrimps for the great supermarkets (15 minutes walk). Don't forget to take the membership card for great saving there... On Sandra's advice, used local bus (.80 cents) to Mintad del munda wich was a great experience. We experienced public transportation many times to historic center (25 cents !) and never had a bad situation. We used Sandra's appartement as a campbase to explore other parts of Ecuador such as Banos, Otavalo using regional buses wich was really unexpensive. We also hired some private transportation beetween cities ...from the studio, you can see the Cotopaxi away but we never feel afraid...So if you understand that Ecuador is a different country and you are ready to discover it....this is a good place at a good rate !! Thanks Sandra, thanks for all.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Fridge was freezing sometimes
8 Jan 2016
Hi Pierre and Sylvie,

I trully admire the traveling spirit you both have. Never stop! (unless you had an appointment with the dentist). I have told all my guests about the new sushi place, they all loved it. In fact I am going tomorrow and I will say hello to Junior from you, I am sure he is going to be very happy. Maybe this will be the quitenian Cheers where everybody knows your name :)

If you ever come back, please know you are always more than welcomed in our place.
Abrasos,
Maria K
Covington, Kentucky
“Mini Penthouse with best view of 10+ volcanoes!”
Reviewed 10 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Stayed in this property for two weeks with my teenage son. Location is a treat for great photographs of the city and Andean cordillera's beautiful volcanoes and mountains. From the west you view the Guagua Pichincha's picturesque rocky peak, from the north, east and south you feast yourself with Cotacachi, Cayambe (this one is a beauty), Filocorrales, Cerro de Puntas (like a scaly dinosaur), Antisana (a snowy sentinel behind tall buildings), Sincholagua, Cotopaxi (the highest active volcano in the world), Pasochoa, Ruminahui, Corazon. For us it was a comfortable mini-penthouse with everything you can need while away. It is in a safe neighborhood in Quito, took taxis everywhere for about $2. It is bright, clean, well organized. We enjoyed walking two blocks to buy freshly baked bread everyday and exotic fruits. Sandra, the owner is a very resourceful person who knows how to make your stay memorable, worthwhile.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
12 Sep 2015
Malu, thank you very much for our kind words, it means a lot that you felt like in a mini penthouse!!! Meeting you and John have been a great pleasure, all the laughter and long talks and walks we took together, my treat!!!

Looking forward to see you both next year for more training in the highs. Congratulations to John for his great achievements back in USA fields. Great job!!!
Abrasos,
Alex2671
Taunton, United Kingdom
“The best trip of my life”
Reviewed 13 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed in Quito at Sandra,s studio apartment Sandra picking me up at the airport and took me to the studio I had such a warm welcoming from Sandra it made me feel so relaxed and safe. The studio is small but very comfortable it had everything you need for a short stay and was very convenient to local shops and restaurants and was only a 5 min taxi ride to the center of Quito. The taxi journeys is so inexpensive its untrue and the food the same, The people I met there where very welcoming and helpful I couldn't have had a more relaxed fantastic holiday, There is lots to do and see in Quito including the malls and the cathedral in the old town as well as the presidential palace. I will always be very thankful for all the help and assistance given to me by Sandra and her mother they are two of the nicest people you could ever meet. I would recommend this studio apartment to anyone thinking about going to Ecuador and also say its the most friendly and safe city I have ever traveled to . Thank you so much again Sandra it has been an amazing journey and one i will never forget and I hope to travel there again very soon and I will be staying with Sandra again and again

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The people
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
13 Apr 2015
Hi Alex, it was wanderful to meet you, the week went so fast! I hope to see you soon again in August. If you need any info about the planning of your visits please let me know to send you the best options available in town.
Have a great time in Germany.
MacMcGee3...
Sudbury, Canada
“Comfortable, good location and nice view”
Reviewed 13 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We enjoyed the facilities. The apartment was close to public transportation which gave us access to the old city as well as the "Middle of the World" (Equator). The welcome at the apartment was warm and friendly and the owner provided us with fresh flowers and a bowl of fresh fruit.
The apartment was not close to restaurants other than small shops selling empanadas, bakery and pharmacy. But, a taxi ride of $1 took you to decent restaurants and a large supermarket. The owner also had books of information regarding public transport, maps of the city, and restaurants. She was on site ready to give us any information we needed including calling taxis. Overall, we would gladly stay at this apartment again.

14 Feb 2015
Hi Fernande and Bob, thanks for choosing to stay in our studio. I hope you are enjoying the rest of you trip in Ecuador. Galapagos is always a place to visit, I dream to go back soon!
If you ever come back we will be happy to see you again.
DustyRhod...
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Room with a View!!”
Reviewed 7 February 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

It is so great to have a wonderful host when you visit a new county for the first time!! One of the reasons we chose this property was the Ecuadorian owner who we hoped/knew would be a wealth of information. She was!! Sandra was the perfect host, so helpful and made us feel comfortable immediately. From the moment she picked us up at the airport through helping us with some dental appointments she arranged for us to joining us for dinner! She has become a friend and we hope to see her again soon! The studio, was perfect for our needs. Great view, comfortable and a super location that made it a great base of operations to explore Quito. Plenty of taxis and buses nearby, fresh fruit stands which we loved as well as coffee/pasty shops and a Supermax grocery store. We look forward to our next trip!!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The owner and location!
Liked least: No complaints!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
7 Feb 2015
Hi Greg and Pamela, thanks for the kind words, it was gret to meet you both. I hope the plans to move to Cuenca, Ecuador works well for you. And if not you always have Quito. You have a friend here any time!

Hope to see you soon,
Sandra
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing