See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2014

We chose La Casa Amarilla as our first place to stay while in Ecuador, a very quaint home like atmosphere from which we could begin our journey enjoying the many sites and scenes of Quito. Upon arriving at the airport in Quito after a long day of flights, our ride from La Casa Amarilla (Steven) was waiting for us and we were able to painlessly navigate our way out of the airport and to our hotel. We had initially booked two rooms but upon arrival, all of the rooms were not filled and Jenny graciously gave us two rooms but still only charged the one room rate. Mucho gracias Jenny. She and her family graciously welcomed us into their home, brought us up to speed and all the todo's and todon'ts for Quito, told us the best places to eat, the best sites to see, and even spent 30 minutes or more on the phone working on getting my new sim card (which Steven purchased for me) to work on my cell phone. Now that's service. A+++
I will definitely stay with Jenny the next time we visit Quito. Her family made us feel as if we were part of her family and honestly, what's better than that! Muchas gracias Jenny. Su bondad no será olvidado.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2014

Jenny was very friendly and helpful. I had accidentally made my reservations for the wrong month. I had the right day but a month early, I didn't realize my mistake until I received an email from the booking company asking how my check in at La Casa Amarilla was. I immediately called the booking agency and they contacted Jenny and she said it would be not problem to change the reservation and that there would be no extra charge. I would have understood the charge as I did not catch my mistake until I was supposed to have checked in, but Jenny was very gracious and understanding. The house is very comfortable and full of art and color. I had a wonderful time talking with Jenny and she helped me to navigate the city as well as the surrounding area. She definitely helped to make my stay in Quito a memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2014 via mobile

If you are staying in Quito, this is your place. Jenny welcomes you like family and you will feel at home here. We spent only three nights and would have stayed longer if we could. A quieter neighbourhood away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre and la Mariscal, though close enough to access easily. We loved our stay and highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2014

First of all, your host Jenny is a ray of sunshine. She is there to assist you with any needs at all to make your stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. The breakfast each morning provided was fresh and lovely. One tip, La Casa Amarilla is in a residential area of Quito. However, just as with many places, remember to bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper as the street noise can get a little loud at times. We will definitely be staying at La Casa Amarilla on our next visit to Quito!.

Room Tip: Allow Jenny to assist you with any of your needs. She is very helpful and will arrange airport transport, call a cab or just give you general recommendations.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014

During your visit to Quito, I highly recommend you stay at La Casa Amarillo. The rooms are clean and comfortable with modern bathrooms and great hot water, and each is decorated differently. Your hostess Jenny is patient and acomodating. Breakfast is at 8:30, and gives you a great opportunity to meet other travelers, or practice your Spanish with Jenny. Jenny was also very helpful in giving me instructions on what to see, where to go, and how to get there. She and her son David were were awesome in giving me a ride to the bus station for the next leg of my journey to Otavalo. David was also kind enough to pick me up at the airport at 2 am.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo