See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 October 2014 via mobile

If you are staying in Quito, this is your place. Jenny welcomes you like family and you will feel at home here. We spent only three nights and would have stayed longer if we could. A quieter neighbourhood away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre and la Mariscal, though close enough to access easily. We loved our stay and highly recommend!

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2014

First of all, your host Jenny is a ray of sunshine. She is there to assist you with any needs at all to make your stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. The breakfast each morning provided was fresh and lovely. One tip, La Casa Amarilla is in a residential area of Quito. However, just as with many places, remember to bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper as the street noise can get a little loud at times. We will definitely be staying at La Casa Amarilla on our next visit to Quito!.

Room tip: Allow Jenny to assist you with any of your needs. She is very helpful and will arrange airport transport, call a cab or just give you general recommendations.
Date of stay: September 2014
Reviewed 1 September 2014

During your visit to Quito, I highly recommend you stay at La Casa Amarillo. The rooms are clean and comfortable with modern bathrooms and great hot water, and each is decorated differently. Your hostess Jenny is patient and acomodating. Breakfast is at 8:30, and gives you a great opportunity to meet other travelers, or practice your Spanish with Jenny. Jenny was also very helpful in giving me instructions on what to see, where to go, and how to get there. She and her son David were were awesome in giving me a ride to the bus station for the next leg of my journey to Otavalo. David was also kind enough to pick me up at the airport at 2 am.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I would highly recommend staying at La Casa Amarilla whilst visiting Quito. The house is beautifully decorated. The bedroom was clean and the bathroom was very modern. A lovely and plentiful breakfast at 8:30 am gives you a chance to meet other interesting travelers. Jenny is very kind and spent a good half an hour describing the best sights to see, going over the map of Quito and giving recommendations. She was also sweet enough to offer us a ride to a museum and later to an atm.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

What a wonderful place to call home when we were in Quito. We discovered this gem on tripadvisor when we were looking for a place to stay while we went to the US Embassy to renew our passports. We live in Cotacachi, a couple of hours north of Quito and have the need to occasionally visit Quito. After reading the reviews, we picked La Casa Amarilla and hoped for the best. We won! La Casa Amarilla is a wonderful bed and breakfast, whose hosts are the most caring couple. Patricio picked me up at the airport and we had good conversation on the way to the hotel. (The airport is quite aways away from the city). He is very friendly and speaks good English. He has a full time job working for the city of Quito in tourism. Sometimes at night, he makes a visit to the airport for a pickup. He is very charming and ready to help. And then, there is his wife Jenny. Every once in a while in life, you meet someone special and this is Jenny. She explains to you that she is "Mama". She watches over you, makes sure you are comfortable and goes "over and above". The beds have wonderful fluffy comforters on them that keep you warm and toasty. She sets a simple but enjoyable breakfast. I was in two rooms. The first night by myself, I was upstairs in the red room and the next night, when my husband joined me, we were in the blue room. The house is bright and cheery and has some very absurdly different whimsical art. Breakfast is so much fun because you get to meet the other travelers. We met some very interesting people and sat around talking and enjoying getting to know one another. Jenny helped each one of us map out our day and what to see and do. The next time we go, I want to know about the restaurant that she sent Brian to. He really enjoyed it. All of us knew that we will be visiting wonderful La Casa Amarilla again.

Room tip: The red room is on the front upstairs and there is road noise. This did not bother me. The blue room is off the breakfast room and is very quiet because there is no window. There is a beautiful skylight.
1  Thank Paula R