Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
USD 101
View deal
PricelineUSD 101
Agoda.comUSD 101
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

We chose the room on the top
floor with 2 balconies (117) and the views really were fantastic. The house itself is a restored “Victorian” so expect steep stairs and shabby chic decor. We loved it, and being right at the top of the Queen Victoria Ascensor there’s always something to look at and easy access to this fascinating city.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 6 days and had a wonderful time. The building is protected as historic along with the rest of this area. The building is an experience. The staff are lovely, the breakfast good for that to be expected in this type of accommodation. The location is right next to the Ascensor Reina Victoria and we had a superb view of the Port and Ocean. One aspect of the hotel is that many young people gather in an area outside until late at night. This did not bother us and one or two nights there was beautiful singing accompanied by guitar. If you go with it, which we did, there is no problem. They are lovely kids, most likely students who love to socialise which makes a change from many young people today who just sit at home in front of a screen! We will definitely return here sometime soon.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2018

I knew this hotel was quirky - to me that was going to be part of its charm. And reading other reviews I knew it could do with some renovation, but that didn't bother me. There were however, 2 things that really, really disappointed me.
But first I'll start with the positive. The view from our room was stunning, almost jaw droppingly so. I kept trying to persuade myself that the view was worth it, over the issues, but ultimately, it did not.
So what were the problems: the big one was that the room stank. Absolutely reeked of stale cigarettes. The stench was revolting and certainly not what you expect in this day and age. Problem number 2 was the outside noise from the nearby bars. OK - granted that the hotel couldn't do much about that, but double glazing would surely help! Probably should also mention the under-cooked pizza but this was cancelled out by the excellent, mindblowingly strong Pisco Sour cocktail.

Room tip: Bring earplugs and air-freshener
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely welcome when we arrived. Free WiFi in all rooms. Lovely powerful, hot shower. Breakfast was nice but the coffee was lukewarm and awful. Absolutely fabulous location but difficult to get to. The room was tired and dated, the sheets old and slightly grubby although we did sleep very well. The accommodation is fine for what we paid but certainly not luxury.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

The daily special caught our attention : $10.900 for a starter of Parmesan Oysters and Frutti di Mate Rissoto. we ordered aperol spritz that took ages to arrive , and when it did , it came with a hair inside and no ice at all. the todito had only canned ow quility sea food ( machas, chorlitos , navajuelas) not even one shrimp. My wife ordered the Vander salad that took over 30 min to be served , (after all the other dishes ) and had nothing to do with the description on the menu.
not recommended at all
Finally the person in charge made us a discount for all the complaints

Date of stay: February 2018