All reviews attic room guest house outdoor deck cerro alegre historic house sea view star hotel homemade bread within easy walking distance third floor quiet street the owner amazing breakfast yogurt high ceilings street art ham
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Very friendly staff who explain the history and restoration of this discreet hotel. Choose the best room with a stunning view of Valparaiso harbour. The patio is also great, with the possibility to pick fresh figs from the tree.

Room tip: Choose the room on the top floor with the harbour view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Horst S
Reviewed 25 March 2016

To reiterate what everyone else has said, really. Beautifully restored. Lovely views. Perfect location close to most tourist stuff (though it's often not straightforward to get from A to B due to the hills - use the ascensors and watch out for handy staircase shortcuts). Also a few minutes' walk from any number of super restaurants. Good breakfast. If you're driving there, it's actually not too difficult if you have Google Maps. Though there's no sign on the door - it's the red house on the opposite side from the church. And Michelle is wonderful!

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 24 February 2016

Right from the start, this place was amazing. The booking was flawless, Michele organised the transfer from Santiago Airport to Voga, and after a long haul flight from Australia, it was such a relief to have a transfer waiting for me. The hotel and rooms were gorgeous. Breakfast was amazing. Michelle and all staff were so hospitable. Voga instilled in me a love of Valparaiso! I will be back in future. Thank you everyone at Voga.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2016

There is just so much to love about this guesthouse. Upon entering, I was struck by the beautiful renovation that the owner had done, with incredible attention to detail. Original details and modern touches were blended together seamlessly. The chandelier in the reception area is wonderful and unlike anything I have ever seen. The staircase to the second floor, with its well-worn banister, is simply perfect. As a lover of old houses, I was delighted. As a lover of creature comforts, I was also delighted. We had a great view of the water from our third floor attic room. The bed was as comfortable as anything I've ever slept in. The sheets were wonderful. The towels were thick and absorbent. The room was kept spotless. I was concerned because there was no safe in the room, but when I mentioned it to Michelle, the daytime receptionist, she was able to provide one. Which brings me to the other wonderful part of this guesthouse--the staff. There is a day and night receptionist and they are both friendly, helpful, multilingual, and generally delightful. Between them they made reservations, tried to sort out a car rental snafu, oriented us to the city, suggested places to see and eat--all with patience and total attention. In addition to all this, we also were served a substantial breakfast each morning. All in all, our stay there was as good as it could be. I wish every place I stayed was as careful and caring as this is.

Room tip: Next time I would prefer a second floor room. Reserve early to get one with a view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

This guesthouse is in a fantastic location. It has great views of the sea and of the hills of the city, and it is also just a short walk (down a steep hill) to a load of interesting bars, restaurants and shops.

It is also a beautiful building, very much in the Valparaiso tradition - corrugated iron cladding covering an adobe brick structure on the outside but a gorgeous Victorian house on the inside. High ceilings and well-proportioned rooms with beautiful wood floors, fireplaces, old wallpaper and lovely furnishings.

The staff are fantastic. So friendly, so helpful, with advice about what to see, where to eat or drink and happy to volunteer to phone round good restaurants to make a reservation.

We stayed in two rooms - one on the top floor which was nice and the other on the first floor, with views over the bay - our favourite.

I would stay here again like a shot.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple