“Super and a must do”

Tours 4 Tips
Ranked #3 of 57 Tours in Valparaiso
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: "Pay What You Want" Walking Tours Everyday of the week at 10am and 3pm in Valparaíso, Chile. We meet at Plaza Sotomayor every day of the week. Our guides wear red and white striped t-shirts like the children's book 'Where is Wally' or 'Where's Waldo' on some countries, so it is easy to find us. The tour is a 2,5 hour highlights walk through the city.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our guide was Camilo and he did such a great job. He showed us in the 3pm tour all the highlights and much more. He explained the history very well and even about the more recent history he told very honest the events and the results. He gave a very good introduction of his countroy and we had a lot of fun.

P M, Owner at Tours 4 Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hey Rainer S,

Sounds like Camilo really has been doing a fantastic job lately! I must say though, I'm not surprised. He really is a talented guide. I'm so happy to hear that you guys had so much fun and learned so much--those are definitely the kind of results we want!

If you want to take more fantastic walking tours with awesome guides and learn even more about the history and culture of Chile, check out our routes in San Pedro de Atacama, Santiago, and Viña del Mar!

Safe travels,

Peter

Write a ReviewReviews (2,301)
All reviews
"three hours"
in 34 reviews
"public transport"
in 16 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 30 reviews
in 22 reviews
"chilli"
in 90 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Thanks to Camilo's informative and fun guide in this Offbeat tour, we had a great time in the hills looking at some fantastic street art and listening to Camilo's stories about Valparaiso. Tour with him if you can!

P M, Owner at Tours 4 Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi emptyplusone,

I'm so glad to hear that Camilo was able to show you guys such a great time. He is an awesome guy and a fantastic guide!

Thanks for taking the time to write such awesome feedback, and thanks as well for the recommendation!

If you guys are still traveling through Chile and want to experience more awesome walking tours, definitely don't hesitate to check out our tours in Santiago, San Pedro de Atacama, Viña del Mar, in addition to the one you did in Valpo.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We found this tour a little disappointing after having a great experience with the tour in Santiago. We took the 3pm highlights tour and while it is good for walking the most popular streets of Valparaiso, we didn't think that we learned a huge amount about the city or its history and the level of information could have been better.

P M, Owner at Tours 4 Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Michelle M,

First off, I'm so glad you had such a great time in Santiago! I also, however, am very sorry that your experience in Valparaíso was not able to live up to that of the Santiago tour.

I also really appreciate your earnest and very honest feedback. It's thoughtful comments like yours that help us improve in the future, and I will make sure that its content is brought up in the next Tours4Tips meeting.

Finally, you have already been contacted via internal message in an attempt to make up for your disappointing experience. I really hope we can make it up to you!

Thanks,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We took the 10am tour, without realising that the morning tour is a little more offbeat, with the 3pm taking you to the main tourist hills with all the street art. Camillo our guide was fantastic - we took a public bus (probably wouldnt have been brave enough to try on our own as our Spanish is appallingly non-existent) - his English is impeccable and having been born a local knows so much about the area/its history which he enthusiastically shares with everyone. Definitely recommend these guys - I think each and everyone works hard so deserve the higher end of the "recommended" CLP (average between 5000-10,000 per person - so well deserved). We loved it so much they got our repeat business for the 3pm tour too.

P M, Owner at Tours 4 Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Moo499,

Wow! Thanks so much for the glowing recommendation! I'm so happy that Camilo was such a fantastic guide (although it doesn't surprise me because he's great!. I'm glad that despite your Spanish skills, you got to experience the bus. It's a super awesome way to see Porteño life, as well as a super fun rollercoaster!

Thanks so much for being such an enthusiastic and curious visitor. It 's always a pleasure being a guide when everyone is as excited as you guys.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

It was very nice to be taken along the curvy and magical streets of Valparaiso, a city full of street art and culture. I could never have discovered thsi city withouth the help of these geniuses who make it possilble. Special thanks to Wally Christian Javier who was just great, made sure we felt comfortable and gave us special treats!

P M, Owner at Tours 4 Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hey MEMarzioni,

"the curvy and magical streets of Valparaíso"--wow, I don't think I could have described it better myself. It really is an enchanting city, and I'm so happy that you felt that you were able to really immerse yourself in its wonders.

And "geniuses?" Wow, your Wallys must have just shown you guys a fabulous time. I don't know if we're geniuses, though I do think our guides are quite intelligent!

If you ever find yourself passing through Santiago, Viña del Mar, or San Pedro de Atacama, definitely don't hesitate to check out our many tours in those cities, led by even more geniuses!