See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nigths and enjoyed the new year 16/17. The hotel has a great balcony from which you have an amazing view. The staffe is very friendly hand speaks English. The rooms are nice and clean. The shower works perfectly.
It's located in a nice street with many restaurants and bars around.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2016

The staff was absolutely wonderful, from helping us with our luggage to suggesting dining places. The room was small particularly if you have large suitcases (which we did) but had shelves and cubbies which helped. We just reorganized our belongings into the cubbies. The breakfast was filling and healthy. We walked all over the city so the central location worked out great for us. I was sorry to hear the hot water problems other guests had. We had no problems. And all of the staff at the desk spoke excellent English!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

A total deception! I've been in Valparaiso hundred of times and this was the worst experience ever. The room was dirty, no warm water, no wi-fi, a very poor breakfast. And overpriced. The only god thing was the location, in Cerro Alegre, near the El Peral ascensor and Paseo Yugoslavo. But never again this hotel. There are tens of B&Bs that are far better.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank alanenbadilla
Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

Lovely cozy hotel with friendly smiley staff. Located at a very quiet serene area near Palacio Baburizza, and walking distance (5 mins) to the main area.

There's a simple breakfast daily with fruits, eggs, bread and muffins.

I can see some wear and tear in the room, especially the bathroom, but those are just minor details.

Only a small comment, rooms are not cleaned daily. Would be nice to come back to a made bed.

Overall, I had a lovely stay here.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2015

We stayed here in a double room. The rooms are fairly small (not unusual for Chile), but quite charming in how they are decorated. The breakfast included with our room was good. It included a fruit salad, a small cake, scrambled eggs, hot bread, and coffee/tea.
The first morning I tried to have a shower at 10.30 am, but the hot water ran out half way through my shower. Not too surprising at that time of the morning. But we tried again, at about 8 pm the same evening and found the water was still cold. I talked to someone at reception who mentioned the gas cylinder had just been changed a few hours before and that if I left the water running for 10 minutes, it should become hot. However, it stayed cold. It was also cold in the other rooms, which he tried.
I got up early the next morning (7 am) and managed to nab some hot water then.
Aside from the shower problems, the hotel was good. Service was friendly, it was also well situated (close to much of the street art and restaurants). We did hear some noise from nearby rooms (mostly from pipes), but this wasn't too bad. The in room free wifi worked well. I also thought it was good value for a private room on a weekend in Valparaiso.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple