“Delivered me An English Menu ! !”
Review of Cafe Melba

Cafe Melba
Ranked #667 of 5,038 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Las Condes
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

An accurate assumption on the part of the Camarero but I decided to have a little fun So putting on my best astonished look, I told him I did not speak English and would prefer a Spanish Menu. His look of embarrassment outdid my attempt so I switched back to English. They have a lovely mid-day / afternoon menu. I opted for the Pastamania, with the alternative choice of 1/2pasta and 1/2cesar..and made the mistake of NOT indicating No Cerro, I.e. No Pork in my Cesar. Albeit a very enjoyable experience for me. Carolina had the Eggs Benedict and reported the best she had ever tasted. Good food, good service and while we ate outside no traffic problems too deter one from sitting here.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

So breakfast is not a very big thing in Chile, well, its not that its not a big thing, but it is different then what I would normally have for breakfast in the USA or England. So very happy to find a place that serves breakfast and has dishes that I am accustomed to.

My wife and I went here for breakfast over the weekend, so not a lot of people were there which means we got a seat quickly, however, that was the only thing quick about this meal. Our server didn't return for 15 minutes, we finally were able to order our drinks but she didn't want to take out breakfast order at the same time. Drinks took another 15 minutes and we were finally able to place our food order...after 30 minutes of waiting for our food, we finally got up to leave as we had already been there an hour, had finished our drinks and were just going to go somewhere else, but as we were leaving the food came out.

So we sat back down and started eating, unfortunately, my food was served cold so it was sent back, 15 minutes later it came back out...but had been microwaved!!! So yeah, not good, not fresh but looked like it had potential if prepared timely and fresh.

Anyway, not sure what the issue was with the service or food but I think I case was an isolated incident but nevertheless was my experience.

3  Thank Swaggger007
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This was a nice surprise, I can warmly recommend for a lunch or even for a coffee stop, nice and swift service.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We took Melba Cafe as our daily cafe place and healthy snack venue. It's the best place in Santiago for Breakfast at any time of the day. Quiet and Nice enviroment, perfect for a meeting during the week or Brunch on weekends. A MUST IN SANTIAGO IF LOOKING FOR HEALTHY PREPARED HOME FOOD.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Nice place to try salads with local flavour and perfect stop n go place to coffee. Friendly fast- attention