1,202 results
All reviewscentral locationsanta luciagreat locationwalking distancemetro stationbusiness centerreception staff were very helpfulmain avenuebreakfast buffetatacama desertbus stopsmall poolrooms are spaciousnice roomlate at nightshort stayrooftop pool
Reviewed 31 October 2017

The hotel was very nice. My room was a nice size and was very clean. I made use of the outdoor lounge area even though the pool was not open. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet (included) was just okay.
Be advised, however, that the downtown location can feel a bit "seedy." Be sure to be alert and on your guard as you sightsee. (Note: I am a woman that was traveling alone.) Still, it is convenient to the Museo Bellas Artes, the Plaza de Armas, La Vega, and other sights.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank LisaO22
Mercure S, Manager at Mercure Santiago Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear LisaO22

I are very happy with your review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Mercare Santiago Centro is very central downtown located, it is on walking distance from all major areas / hot spots and it is well located for great restaurants and bars.

The hotel is a modern, well maintained and inviting place. The staff is friendly and there to support the guests 24/7. The rooms are spacious, well equipped and a great place to stay for holidays as well as business trip.

The breakfast is a nicely set-up buffet with enough choice for everyone. This space changes to a restaurant for lunch and dinner and serves a good choice of food.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Sjors B

Dear Sjors B

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Santiago Centro.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

If you want to sleep with earring protections, choose a room facing the big avenue!
If you don’t want to sleep at all, put the A/C on!
This hotel is the noisiest I’ve ever been! Obviously, double glass windows was out of AccorHotels budget!
And of course, they will not refill water or coffee in the Suites. And if you have a real problem during your 3 day stay (a flashing bed light in the night even when it’s OFF, they will not fix it!)
And forget the parking lot as well: it will take you ages to find it (no address on the web site) and you only can pay cash.
This hotel is just OK for its perfect location.
But not a 4 star hotel at all.
Steven

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Steven M
Mercure S, Manager at Mercure Santiago Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Steven M,

Thank you for sharing your opinion through TripAdvisor.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in answering it. There was an internal glitch that prevented us to do it. Now that is solved technically, we want to get our treatment regarding their opinions. We will be working in the sense of making our hotel getting better, through opinions of our guests.

Thank you very much for helping us with constructive criticism. We hope to see you again so you can see the progress of our services and products.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Suitable both for tourists and business travellers. It is located right in the middle of town where the main tourists sites are.
Buffet breakfast is varied and rich, while the staff is courteous and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mgialdini
Mercure S, Manager at Mercure Santiago Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear mgialdini,

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I booked this Hotel first because I am member of the Mercure Rewards Programme and secondly because it was close the my work appointments, but I must say it was the worst experience EVER in a Mercure branded Hotel!

First of all I booked my whole stay with prepaid conditions in a upper class (renovated room) which was more expensive than the standard rooms. When I arrived I was told the upper rooms were sold out and I had to accommodated in a standard (non-renovated) room, which was a nightmare! The standard room was dark and really really old, completely useless, old beds, disgusting carpet, furniture completed depleted. And I was not even offered an discount or any other compensation for paying an more expensive room and being obliged to stay in a lower quality and cheaper room for the first night.

In the second night, after complaining, I was put in a renovated room. Indeed, one can experience 2 hotels in one in this Mercure, cause the old rooms are really bad! While the new ones give a so needed freshness.

Also, the breakfast is so so, not up to Chilean standards applied in other higher quality Hotels.

The staff is not supportive at all. Particularly the two guys that handle the night shift: not polite and no sense of organization! I had to wait 40 minutes to check out because they could not properly organize a check in of a group that has arrived. On top of that, they were very short on patience and were very rude.

The positive point of the Hotel is the GYM.

I won´t be staying there again and I don´t recommend it for any other person.

Room Tip: As for a superior renovated rooms, preferably looking the back for silence.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear DinhoAlves,

Thank you for sharing your opinion through TripAdvisor.

Best Regards,