I booked this Hotel first because I am member of the Mercure Rewards Programme and secondly because it was close the my work appointments, but I must say it was the worst experience EVER in a Mercure branded Hotel!
First of all I booked my whole stay with prepaid conditions in a upper class (renovated room) which was more expensive than the standard rooms. When I arrived I was told the upper rooms were sold out and I had to accommodated in a standard (non-renovated) room, which was a nightmare! The standard room was dark and really really old, completely useless, old beds, disgusting carpet, furniture completed depleted. And I was not even offered an discount or any other compensation for paying an more expensive room and being obliged to stay in a lower quality and cheaper room for the first night.
In the second night, after complaining, I was put in a renovated room. Indeed, one can experience 2 hotels in one in this Mercure, cause the old rooms are really bad! While the new ones give a so needed freshness.
Also, the breakfast is so so, not up to Chilean standards applied in other higher quality Hotels.
The staff is not supportive at all. Particularly the two guys that handle the night shift: not polite and no sense of organization! I had to wait 40 minutes to check out because they could not properly organize a check in of a group that has arrived. On top of that, they were very short on patience and were very rude.
The positive point of the Hotel is the GYM.
I won´t be staying there again and I don´t recommend it for any other person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Santiago Centro hotel is close to Santiago's main attractions, such as Plaza de Armas, the Metropolitan Cathedral, the Palacio de La Moneda, the Mercado Central, the Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino and the Municipal Theater. The hotel is only 33 yards from Santa Lucía metro station and 11.2 miles from Santiago International Airport. The hotel boasts comprehensive facilities for both leisure and business trips, with 142 rooms, a pool, bar, restaurant, fitness center and meeting/events rooms. Enjoy the modernity, quality and technology of a hotel that has everything you need. Enjoy the feeling of being in total control, with a dedicated team on hand at all times to help you carry out your work effectively. Hotel extras Outdoor swimming pool and fitness center available for our guests. In the center of Santiago close to Santa Lucia Hill, the metro and public transport. Convention center within the property. Complimentary breakfast from 6:30am to 10am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Odigeo, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mercure Santiago Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caesar Business Santiago Centro Hotel Santiago
- Caesar Business Hotel Santiago