1,200 results
All reviewscentral locationsanta luciagreat locationwalking distancemetro stationbusiness centermain avenueatacama desertbus stopbreakfast buffetsmall poolrooms are spaciousfront desk staffnice roomlate at nightshort stayrooftop pool
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I really liked this modern Mercure hotel. The rooms are around 27 square metres, so a good size and the facilities good( although I didn't see the pool or gym). The location is wonderfull. Yes, I would certainly
return to this hotel on a return visit to Santiago.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W
Mercure S, Gerente at Mercure Santiago Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Dear Mr. David W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and we will be waiting for your next visit to Santiago.

Best regards,

Kimberly – Asist. Calidad

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Clean, modern and central location. We ordered an airport pick up through the hotel and although it cost more than a taxi it was comforting to arrive in a foreign country and be met without the hassle of haggling taxi drivers. Staff were helpful arranging pick ups, we had to depart for the airport at 2.30am one morning and the taxi was on time and staff were in the lobby which felt safe. The hotel has great showers and comfortable beds, the only downfall was the loud aircon which is needed during the cold winter nights.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Mercure S, Gerente at Mercure Santiago Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Ms. AliciaIson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

I would like to tell you that our maintenance team is managing the air conditioner issue with the suppliers. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks again for your comment and we hope to have the pleasure of having you back in our hotel.

Best Regards,

Kimberly – Asist. Calidad

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here twice, 3 nights in May and 1 night in June. Both times we had a great stay. The rooms are nice and clean and modern, the shower is great with hot water all the time. The wifi works well and is fast.

We loved the breakfast, so much choice and delicious! We even had dinner in the restaurant twice.
The staff was always friendly and helpful with any questions we had.
Location is great, next to Santa Lucia subway stop and across the road from Santa Lucia Hill.

Stayed: May 2017

Dear Mr. Fragglette,

Good afternoon!

Thank you for sharing your review through TripAdvisor and for choosing our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our services and that you have been pleased with the attention given by our staff.

Always feel very welcome to our hotel.

Best Regards,

Kimberly - Asist. Calidad

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Stayed four nights May 2017. As an AccorPlus Le Club member, we were automatically upgraded to the next level of room but that is as far as Australian membership got us.
After checking around many other hotels, we settled on this one due to the expectation that the facilities would be familiar due to our membership. We were surprised at the great standard of the hotel (the pictures online don't do it justice). We had two rooms opposite each other on the top floor with great views. The rooms were spacious, exceptionally clean and well appointed. Beds were comfortable and we found no faults with either room or facilities. Everything worked.

Breakfast was included and it was the very reassuring same layout and fare we are used to seeing everywhere with Accor. The scrambled eggs are just as bad here as every other Accor venue we've stayed at around the world. Still edible though and everything else is fine - a good variety and standard.

We ate in the restaurant 4 nights out of five and were quite surprised at how good the food and service was. Easily Sofitel standard in other places and probably better. The service was outstanding as indeed it was throughout the hotel. The cocktail bar attendant did seem to have an unusually high interest in having us pay cash rather than booking to the room (which we did in fact insist on - mainly because of his keenness for cash).

Check in and out is efficient and the staff are just fantastic, very helpful and English speaking. We were ready to settle the final account with cash Pesos and were utterly dumbfounded that this would have attracted a 19% added cost. The invoice was highlighted to be paid in US$ which would not attract a surcharge, as was the same using a credit card. I guess this is a national thing, but is a little distasteful nonetheless.

A great hotel and located just about perfectly in the centre of the city on the major routes with many major attractions within 5 minutes walk. One of the best markets for crafts in the city, just a couple of doors down and MacDonalds a couple of doors in the other direction.

Thoroughly recommend this hotel! It's a quiet achiever and the staff are exceptional, particularly in the restaurant, front desk and management.

Room Tip: Street facing good - but back side not so bad either. We had both.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rod-VIC
Mercure S, Gerente at Mercure Santiago Centro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Mr. Rod-VIC,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We are really glad that you enjoyed the services provided by our staff, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I would like to tell you that IVA it is a national requirement and the only way that foreign guests can avoid this charge is presenting their passport + emigration papers (PDI) + payment in foreign currency, proving that is not Chilean or resident in Chile.

Best regards,

Kimberly - Asist. Calidad

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Unfortunatelly I expereinced a very bad customer service, what still ruins my impression of the hotel.
During my stay I ordered and payed a taxi at the reception. Afterwards I had to recognize, that I was charged 5 times more than with a normal taxi in the street. For me it felt like beeing ripped of by the Hotel and I tried to get an explanation for this during my 3 days stay. I was put of day by day and I was told that the manager will get informed. At the last day they told me to send an E-Mail. Now I send 4 e-mails and called 3 times during the last 3 month. My e-mails got absolutelly ignored and at the phone I was promised to get an answer soon (I never got). Seldomly I experienced such a bad customer Service!
The hotel itself is in accordance to the costs. The location is good. You have a Metrostop in front of the door.
Overall, I would expect by far more service for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mr. To B,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience through TripAdvisor.

I would like to comment that our receptionists coordinate the taxis with a regularized company to transport passengers in executive cars and that we have confidence by the service provided by them. Their prices are more expensive than the taxis of the street and it is of the guest decision to accept for the service.

Unfortunately we have not received your emails. We always follow the comments that we receive because we want to improve our services. For procedures on the TripAdvisor page, we do not have access to your profile to perform a deeper search, therefore we will take this opportunity to clarify the situation and apologize for any inconvenience.

Kimberly –Asist. Calidad