All reviews rooftop bar king crab great hotel parque forestal chilli luxury hotel eggs cooked to order pisco sours great boutique room was large coffee machine comfortable beds within easy walking distance reception desk three nights breakfast was included hotel restaurant
Reviewed 19 November 2018

We stayed here for a night at the start of a two week trip to Patagonia. Arrived in the morning after a long overnight flight, and was delighted that our room was available. Beautiful, comfortable room with lots of storage, a deluxe bathroom, very quiet even though it faced the street. Nice comfortable seating and the bed/linens were also extremely comfortable. Staff at reception were friendly without being intrusive, and very helpful, bellmen also very helpful--when we needed directions to an ATM one of them practically walked us there.
The bar was a comfortable place for a cup of tea or drink, and the restaurant was excellent for both dinner and breakfast.
Good location, easy to walk to a large number of sights.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gabriela R, Gerente at The Singular Santiago Lastarria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience at The Singular Santiago.

I am so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I thank you for complimenting our friendly staff.

We would love to welcome you back the next time you visit the neighborhood

Thank you very much for staying with us and have a lovely day!

Reviewed 19 November 2018

What was to be a 3 day trip in a different and intimate hotel was the worst hotel experience I've ever had.
Upon arriving at the hotel there was a big protest in front of us, we walked in and were quickly given a card to access the room, which gave a good impression. After that everything was a disappointment.
The wine that was promised to us on the reservation for being Gold on Hotels.com (VIP BENEFITS) was not given. The attendant told us that this was 3 months ago and that now we would have other benefits: breakfast, access to the SPA, minibar with daily replenishment and 20% discount at dinner. I saw in other reviews that the mini bar is replenished daily for all guests. I went to the SPA and the attendant there informed me that the access (use of the sauna) was included to all. Breakfast was already paid, so it was not VIP benefit. I felt I was being cheated,
As the streets were with fire after protests I opted for a dinner at the hotel to enjoy the 20% discount. During the dinner, there were more protests on the street and we were withdrawn from the hall coughing and tearing for another tear gas session. So we had a nasty dinner.
When paying the bill in the check out we had the last surprise: there was no 20% discount promised. There was a 19% tax deduction if we paid by cash. After more than 10 minutes of argument, they gave me a discount that was not 20% (I made the calculation and showed for the other attendant, who nodded and said he would inform the manager).
Why Inform the manager after we've left?
Worst hotel experience I have ever had in life. I do not recommend it at all. I never felt like I'm feeling today, completely cheated!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Thiago:

We want to thank you for the comments made about our hotel.
All of us are deeply sorry that their experience did not fulfill our promise of service.

I invite you to contact me at my email: grubilar@thesingular.com

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2018

We stayed at the Singular for 3 nights on a recent trip to Chile. Of the four hotels we stayed at throughout our journey, this was by far the best (and most expensive), with top notch service, excellent food, and a large and comfortable room. There is an international clientele; the staff all speak English.

We had a room with two double beds. There was tons of space, a large wardrobe, a big chest of drawers, a desk and small minibar, and one armchair. The bathroom was very large, with a luxurious bathtub, separate shower, and separate toilet closet. Towels were luxurious and plentiful, and toiletries (shampoo, etc.) were very nice and replenished twice a day. The room was very quiet and the beds were very comfortable. When we asked for any service (ice, an extra robe, etc.), housekeeping was at our door within just a few minutes. My only complaint about the room was that lighting in the bathroom was very poor--putting on makeup to go out to dinner was a bit of a challenge! But it's a small thing in an otherwise very nice room.

Breakfast is included in the rate and is exceptional. A wide array of fruits, bread and pastries, cured meats, cheeses, cereal, and eggs cooked to order. We also ate dinner at the hotel one night and it was very good. Service is relaxed but very professional. There is a beautiful rooftop bar with excellent cocktails and snacks. It is open only in the evenings. There is also a small rooftop pool, but it is open seasonally and even though it was 90 degrees when we were there, the pool had not yet opened.

One thing to be aware of: the front desk keeps no cash. We were trying to spend down our cash as we were moving on to Panama after leaving the Singular. We had only large bills from an ATM and checked with the desk three times to try to get change, with no luck. They suggested we go to a bank, but for some reason the banks have very long lines in Santiago. Finally we were able to get the bartender to make some change. With many large bills still in our wallets, we figured we would just pay our hotel bill with cash. The hotel permits this, but adds a 19% tax if you pay with cash (not the hotel's policy, the country's policy). In the end we paid with cards and just changed our cash back at the airport.

Even though it was expensive, we felt the Singular was an excellent value. We would absolutely stay there again

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

From all of us here at The Singular Santiago Hotel, thank you for taking some time to provide the details of your experience.

Your comments will be shared with our entire team, as this will continue to motivate them to provide exceptional service to all of our guests.

If I can ever be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly. We hope to see you again, and thank you again for staying with us!

Manager The Singular Santiago

Reviewed 12 November 2018

This hotel is very nice boutique hotel, nice rooms, and its restaurant is one of the best restaurant in the city. The location is wonderful,you can go walking to the shops and restaurants and also the cultural center.

Room tip: The rooms end with (02) as ( 602, 302)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We hope that you could visit us again and if I can ever be of any assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

Though only there for two nights and though in fact not experiencing the dining options, we loved it. Though in a modern building, the hotel had a neoclassical French feel to it yet oozed modernity. A comfy bar close to the entrance and a welcoming reception desk staffed by very friendly and helpful staff, got the stay off to a good start. This was added to by a large comfortable bedroom with all that you would expect of such a hotel. Then to cap it off, there was the Sky Bar on the 9th floor, offering great cocktails, an outdoor terrace with great views to the Parque Forestal.
Given our busy tourist schedule, it was a great place to stay!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Manager The Singular Santiago