1,095 results
All reviews superior room tree lined residential spoke spanish standard hotel chilli stay there again spent three nights mini fridge quiet neighborhood bit dated hotel is located nice stay rooms are clean very nice hotel breakfast buffet pisco internet
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

This is a dated, unattractive, uncomfortable property in an excellent location. Bathroom so tiny & soiled, I showered in my flip-flops. Reception staff so surly & unkind, I thought my presence was aggravating to them. On the plus side, the restaurant staff & food are both above average, and the location is terrifically convenient to the Metro & all of downtown.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2015

it's my second stay at Hotel Torre mayor. My client in Santiago booked me here because it's close to their office.
I think i'll ask to stay in another hotel next time :
- the rooms look very old (the reception and restaurant as well)
- noise in the room due to bad soundproofing from the corridor
- the shower makes terrible noise
- towels sre SO used !
- the breakfast which is supposed to start from 7am didn't open before 7.15 because not ready. 40 people waiting that it opens. Had to skip breakfast because client coming at 7.20am
- poor internet connection, forget about skype conversations or whatsapp calls

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2015

OK hotel. A bit corporate and sterile. Service is good, rooms are clean but a bit out of date. I stayed in two rooms; one was nicer than the other. The water out of the tap in the second room smelled strongly of sulfer. Can't explain that. Lobby was nice; breakfast ok but not quite what I'd expected at the price point, with limited selection (but great choice of fresh fruit). Location is perfect, very close to the Los Leones metro and plenty of nice restaurants and shops. OK corporate hotel, not very atmospheric, price was reasonable. The staff forgot to return my passport, which almost caused a major problem for me.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2015

Nice neighborhood with lots of restaurants, some shopping, metro and many other conveniences nearby. The hotel is quiet, has free Wi-Fi, a pool on the roof and a pleasant lobby. Breakfasts were good. (scrambled eggs in Chile are very runny, and you just have to get over thinking they are not quite cooked if you want to eat them )

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We were in Santiago again, this time in March and stayed at the TorreMayor two different times. Unlike the other otel nearby, this one lacks good mechanical capabilities.
First time there we were on the 15th floor and when we walked in the room was 84 degrees. We quickly turned on the A/C and perspired. Next morning the room was still at 73.
I spoke to the front desk when we checked out and they apologized. The window do not open.

When we returned 6 days later the room temperature was at 86 degrees and the A/C had been turned on three hours earlier at our request.
Window shades were wide open with sun streaming in.
I spoke to the desk, they informed me that the A/C was functioning correctly and I could not change rooms.

I went down and spoke to the front desk and as I was explainig our situation, three other customers approached the desk. All were on their own.
Each agreed with me that the hotel needed to upgrade their system and this situation was very poor. ROOM WAS HOT.

Great location, our room layout was quite nice, nice shower, and good bed. Internet was good. Breakfast was quite average for a quality hotel. Kept part of our luggage when we traveled.

Room Tip: Do not use this hotel if temperature outside is over 75 F
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple