All reviews making recommendations staff were super helpful large lockers rooms are spacious metro
Reviewed 13 August 2015

The hostel is located in a classical 2 stories building with ceiling height of 20 feet or above. And it is sitting diagonally across from Santiago's police building with several police cars parking outside and guards at different corners all the time. I feel safe to come back to the hostel even late at night.

One thing I have to mention is the bathrooms, they have several slots for showers and toilet bowls and they keep them pretty clean. They have a note in the bathroom saying "if you find anywhere unclean, let us know and we will fix it right away". They live up to this standard during my stay. However, one of the toilets ran out of toilet paper and I notified the front desk, the same after 24 hours, I complained a second time and then the situation was fixed.

The hot water is ready within 30 seconds in the shower room and the shower room size is also very decent. No towels will be provided, you have to pay for it for every towel you check out.

They have single rooms to dorm rooms of 8 beds available at different price range. The hostel that I previous booked was all sold out and I checked out the backpackers hostel at a rate even lower than the regular rate over the web. It was one of the best bargains I had during my stay in Santiago.

The breakfast is just so-so, bread with cheese and butter/jam, cereals, yogurt, coffee/tea and some regular fruits apples/oranges. However, I want to point out the coffee is fresh every morning, not the 1000-year coffee pot or overnight coffee because the coffee pot is a small one.

The front desk hire students to run and they are always very helpful. Many of them are foreigners and they speak English in a decent way.

One drawback, try to avoid the room above the kitchen (that is the cheapest room). People came in after 2 am, they talked and laughed and drank, I could hear every word of the people downstairs. I complained and the front desk person gave them a warning but they didn't listen. Quite annoying.

Don't miss the free dinner on Tuesday. They are good but you have to sign up before 1pm on Tuesday.

Room Tip: avoid the room above the kitchen.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2015

My experience in this hostel was amazing! Nice people, we were like a family with Lita that is an amazing person, she gave us food, it was our mum! All people here was nice too. The bed is confortbale and there is all equipments that we need and it is clean. And its localisation is very good.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2015

I stayed in this backpackers with a friend for 4 nights. We came to Santiago for the Lollapalooza, and we couldn't have picked a better hostel!

Firstly, the service was very good. The staff was kind and helpful.
We stayed in a just-girls dorm. Perhaps the only complaint I have is that the sheets of my bed weren't cleaned yet when I arrived. All the guests in the dorm were kind. The breakfast was good, even though they were very strict with their times :( I came 5 minutes late and missed my breakfast! However, the hostel is located well, close to a nice, big park and a few minutes from the metro, and there are also plenty of cafe's around to eat.

There was a space in the second floor with good wifi, however, it didn't reach my room. The hostel itself was clean, and had a nice patio where people could meet and talk. I think the only problem I encountered was that the shower door was broken (off the hinges).

The hostel also offered a bus ride, for a small fee, to and from the festival which was super helpful. They also stayed until everyone got on the bus, as in they wouldn't leave if you were a bit late.

The best part of the hostel was the people I met! Everyone had a good vibe and were super friendly, and I especially made friends with the ones who were also going to Lollapalooza. That was what truly made this hostel a great experience :D

All in all, I recommend this place and would come back.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

Sometimes we felt a little distant, there wasn't much good energy -possibly because I am English speaking - but you would think a hostel would cater for this.

Bed was good, interior decoration of the single private room was very Chile. Lovely 100year old building.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2015

Stayed here for 2 nights last winter and was my introduction to Chile! I was in a 6 dorm room and without the heater the room would have been COLD! Beds were comfy and it was fairly chilled there. The bathrooms though were not that spectacular (even for hostel standards) and get there early for some hot water. The breakfast was good and the facilities to make your own food were adequate.

The location is more on the business side of town but not TOO much of a walk from the studenty Bellavista. They do lock the fornt doors at night so be wary if coming home late of a little wait for the door to open :) Overall, not the worst but the not best.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo