“Great public spaces”

The Aubrey Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The service is mostly excellent and the public spaces and restaurant are beautiful, inspiring at night, but they fall down and breakfast and some of the details. Also, their webiste says you can access a free fitness center, but it ain't true. They have an arrangement the W's fitness center which lets you use it for 10,000 pesos per day (about $20); it's a 2.5 hr walk or 20 min cab ride. The location is ideal if you want to be near the night life, both gay and straight. It's right outside your door. They do a decent job of keeping out the din of the all night every night partying, but there is still some noise intrusion. Rooms are a mix, some quite small, the attic rooms in particular only allow you to stand upright in the center. Great showers, but the soap dispensers are not tongue-in-cheek kitch, they are annoying. Would it be so hard to provide a bar of soap? Great pool. Breakfast is poorly stocked and uninspired. Furnishing in rooms are very basic and no real closet space. Nice, but lacks real polish, especially for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jAlfano

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed at The Aubrey during my brief visit to Santiago. As soon as I arrived the hotel clearly oozed class. The front desk staff were both welcoming and efficient and my room was clean and well presented. One of favourite parts of the hotel was the outside dining areas/bars which are surrounded by a lovely outside patio-a great place to relax with a drink in the shade. I spoke to the owner, Mark, who was constantly, but discreetly, moving around overseeing operations. He was such a friendly and enthusiastic man and gave me some great local recommendations. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any visitor to the great city of Santiago.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This was my second stay at The Aubrey Boutique Hotel. My first stay was in December, 2010, the first year the property was open. I recently completed a second stay in March, 2012. I was so pleased to be able to stay there again after a delightful experience the first time. I loved it the first time, and love it even more after seeing all of the nice improvements in the property. The staff is wonderful and friendly, and Mark, one of the owners, who I had not met the first time, was on the property my entire stay. I had really enjoyed the first room I had, but was able instead to stay in a different one which I liked even more in the new section. It was quiet, the bed was extremely comfortable and the property in general is a wonderful oasis in the heart of Bellavista. The pool is nice and relaxing, the new piano bar area with patio is a great place to spend an evening or anytime! The bar area has delicious drinks, and after my complementary pisco sour, I knew I would enjoy this new addition where tea is also served in the afternoon. The breakfast is now a buffet whereas before it was served in courses. Either way, it is a beautiful experience of the stay. The hotel also has a restaurant which serves elegant food in a casual setting. I travel a lot, and I really like this hotel in part because it is such a personal experience. As a returning guest, I felt particularly pampered, and it was much appreciated. I hope to be back again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2012

One of the best boutique hotels we stayed in during our South American adventure. Lovely, light, airy room with private balcony, very clean and well looked after. Staff were all very welcoming and friendly, especially the delightful girl serving breakfast.
Dinner was very good, outside by cooling waterfalls with great service and well prepared food.
Compliments to all at the Aubrey.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at the Aubrey for three days before a cruise. As most reviewers have mentioned, the staff tries to very helpful. We, however, had an issue, which I think was a matter of misunderstanding. We thought we had a driver coming to pick us up to take us to Valpariso at a certain time. However, after a wait, no one came. The staff had made a mistake about arranging the correct time, and initially we were told, he could only come three and a half hours later. That was a huge problem, since it cut close the time our ship was scheduled to sail. It took a lot of insistence for the front desk person to understand how critical this problem was, and it was not until I mentioned Trip Advisor to my husband, that the frot desk person got moving.

The rooms are clean, but ours was very small, and the bathroom tiny. I think our room on the ship was larger, and I know our ship's bathroom was much bigger. The bath amenities were marginal. Soap came out of dispensers, and the one in the shower did not produce much lather. The one in the sink came off the wall. The sheets were nice and WiFi worked well.
The patio was lovely, and we very much enjoyed the time we spent there having drinks and dinner. As a matter of fact, the patio was my favorite part of the hotel. If the weather was inclement, I think I would have felt confined staying in the room. The guard/porter could not have been more helpful, as were most of the front desk staff.

A few more picky things I noticed. The front desk was dusty, for three days, and I know that would never happen in a five star property. Bella Vista was interesting, but did not offer as many activities for tourists as other areas. We went out for dinner at a nearby restaurant, which the hotel had recommended, and although the setting was lovely, the food only fair.

We enjoyed our stay at the Aubrey, but if, for some reason, we return to Santiago, I think we would try a different property

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple