“Awesome Peruvian Food with Excellent Service!”
Review of Cocoa

Cocoa
Ranked #576 of 5,430 Restaurants in Santiago
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: -Acepta reservas -Ideal para grupos -Para llevar -Envío a domicilio -Servicio de mesero -Terraza o mesas al aire libre
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I loved this place so much last week that I had to come back again today! The owner Gabrielle made me feel as if I was his personal guest in his home as he is also the chef. You should definitely order the huge bowl of shrimp soup (plan on sharing unless you make that your meal). Loved the ambiance of the establishment and don’t believe a word of those former reviewers that claim they only take cash. I don’t travel with much cash, they certainly do take most major credit cards. I used my American Express. I was very pleased with the prices, I would say moderate price for excellent cuisine and service!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Wow another great find on my trip food amazing pisco sour awesome and great service

Thanks for another great food find

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

It was our first meal in Santiago and it did not disappoint! The sea bass wrapped in shrimp was awesome and so were the appetizers. Great Peruvian restaurant.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Even though it is still an expensive restaurant, the food quality is not the same as it was years before. It went from outstanding to barely good at the most.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a short walk from the hotel l was staying in and l've eaten at this restaurant enough times to know they are consistently good. Their Sea Bass is excellent and is available prepared several different ways. Last night l dined on a filet of Bass that was prepared with crunchy roasted garlic and it was very good. The fish was served with a generous portion of mixed vegetables that was also good and also unique because the vegetables had some Asian-influenced bean sprouts added which I enjoyed.

It seems as if the portions of fish are a little smaller than l recall from previous visits but this is not a complaint, only an observation....

We also enjoyed an appetizer of their stuffed hot chile rellenos which were good and I wouldn't hesitate to order again. They were not spicy-hot by Texan standards and the ones we ordered were stuffed with beef and shrimp with a light cheese sauce....Very good !

If you're in the area, Cocoa's is certainly worth a try....

1  Thank aabikr