“Amazing little place to live.”
Review of Ecohostel Chile

Ecohostel Chile
Ranked #83 of 536 Speciality Lodging in Santiago
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

The whole place was quaint. Loved it. The bathrooms where great. Almost everything i would have to buy is near the place. Just the thing that could be improved would be the wifi but other than that it was amazing. I would come again to this hostel.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed there for about one week and i felt absoluteley comfortable! The Staff is Amazing, they help you with Every Problem and give you Great advices. Nice breakfast with Toast, cereals and Fruits. Everything was clean, wifi worked well, nice kitchen, near the centrum

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

The staff is incredible. When they're not busy they're always hanging out with guests. In fact, Cristobal just finished his shift and decided to show us around the less touristy parts of the city. He gave us great advice on where to go in the city and how to get there.

The hostel itself is homey, and the two court yards are perfect for meeting other travelers. Most guests were not English speakers, but they really enjoyed meeting Americans. Don't worry about check-in/check-out times, the hostel will store your bags in a locked room for free.

It was the first time anyone in our group ever stayed in a Eco-focused hostel, and they made the whole experience a breeze.

Last but not least, the breakfasts are delicious!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed for only one night and that was enough. We arrived and were met by the most unfriendly and rude staff member. She simply did not want to be there and made us feel unwelcome the whole time. Very unhelpful when we asked about the wifi not working and she replied 'yea that happens'...meaning it didn't work the entire time we were there. Rooms and the hostel in general felt tired and there was no atmosphere whatsoever. Go elsewhere!!!

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I can't recommend this hostel. I must state that I never stayed at Ecohostel but communicated with the staff only. I had been searching for a hostel to stay at for 1 week as I settle in for an international program that I'm participating in and I found Ecohostel to have reasonable prices with decent reviews. I first found the hostel on hostelworld and airbnb. Both sites listed that the hostel had more than 10 openings for my suggested dates. After reading a few reviews about the hostel mixing up dates or being sold out despite some travelers having confirmed reservations I decided to contact the hostel on facebook. At first they seemed pleasant when I wrote to find out if I can personally make the reservation through them. But after contacting them by their suggested method (email) I was told they didn't have any spots left in the hostel. Now I was never rude nor did I write anything crazy just a simple "hi is it possible to reserve a bed through you directly vs using the other websites." So I can't say why I was denied reservation because they haven't responded to my questions as to why all the hostel sites have opening but they say they're full. I gave this hostel 1 star because if you're completely booked for my requested dates, your company should not have 10+ beds available on every other site.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business