“Awesome kayaking and hiking adventure!”
Review of Jass Puerto Varas

Jass Puerto Varas
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Puerto Varas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer sustainable tourism through outdoor activities such as kayaking or trekking in national/private parks, lakes, rivers or fjords of the Lake District. Our professional guides speak English, French or/and Spanish and have international certifications in first aid assistance and rescue. Sign up for half day, full day trip or many days' expeditions.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked two tours with Jass - kayaking the reloncavi fjord and hiking around the Osorno volcano. We had an amazing time and the scenery was beyond beautiful. Pictures don’t do it justice. Jass was friendly, knowledgeable, and clearly very experienced. It felt like hanging out with a friend for two days. She also provides everything we needed - wetsuits, hiking poles, lunch, etc. a highlight of the kayaking trip was stopping at a local family farm only accessible by boat/foot for lunch. Book with Jass - you won’t be disappointed!

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"equipment"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We lucked out by hiring Jass for two days. She guided my husband and I up and over the Osorno volcano, and provided snacks, lunch, excellent conversation, and tips for enjoying the town of Puerto Varas. For the second day, we did a morning kayak of a glassy lagoon. All of the equipment (wetsuits, kayaks, etc.) was taken care of. It was nice to have one guide for both hiking and kayaking. We would definitely book a tour with Jass again.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

So I reserved a 1/2 day kayaking and 2 x 1 day day treks with Jass.

I had a super time. Jass is personable, knowledgeable and highly experienced - more than 10+ years working in adventure tourism in the region and it shows

I went in the shoulder seaosn so it was quieter hence 2 out of the 3 days I had Jass to myself - a private guide - and how lucky was I!

I learnt a lot about the region, the trees, flowers and berries especially the delicious murta berry which is in season and delicous, (we ate lots as we hiked). Jass went the extra mile every day and added extra stops to the intinerary. She is an all round lovely person, chatty and so interesting.

By the way let me add her packed luches are stand out and I know of what speak trust me. After 2 weeks between Torres del Paine and El Chalten, her packed lunches and snackes are miles ahead.

Most of all I was struck by how beautifdul this part of Chile is, and how much more there is to do with multi day hikes and sea kayaking trips into remoter lesser visted areas. I wish I had done more research before I arrived as I would have happily stayed longer & gone with Jass on a bigger adventure.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We took the half day tour on a beautiful sunny afternoon. We were provided with wetsuits and thorough instruction before setting off across the lagoon. The views were spectacular and it was a really fun experience. Jass is very friendly and knowledgable. I would thoroughly recommend this tour.