Review Highlights
Kayak and Orsono Trek

We booked two tours with Jass Puerto Varas, the Paso Desolacion and a half day Kayak trip. Booking... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Sarah B
via mobile
Kayaking with Jass Is the Best!

From her quick and thorough response to emails to book far ahead to her wonderful guiding on the... read more

Reviewed 12 October 2018

4 Reviews
from USD 32.20
from USD 64.42
More Info
All reviews la poza kayak trip guide alex big thanks osorno volcano safe hands sea kayaking local area tour company spectacular views lago llanquihue chilli farm fjord equipment paddling paso
Reviewed 18 April 2018

So I reserved a 1/2 day kayaking and 2 x 1 day day treks with Jass.

I had a super time. Jass is personable, knowledgeable and highly experienced - more than 10+ years working in adventure tourism in the region and it shows

I went in the shoulder seaosn so it was quieter hence 2 out of the 3 days I had Jass to myself - a private guide - and how lucky was I!

I learnt a lot about the region, the trees, flowers and berries especially the delicious murta berry which is in season and delicous, (we ate lots as we hiked). Jass went the extra mile every day and added extra stops to the intinerary. She is an all round lovely person, chatty and so interesting.

By the way let me add her packed luches are stand out and I know of what speak trust me. After 2 weeks between Torres del Paine and El Chalten, her packed lunches and snackes are miles ahead.

Most of all I was struck by how beautifdul this part of Chile is, and how much more there is to do with multi day hikes and sea kayaking trips into remoter lesser visted areas. I wish I had done more research before I arrived as I would have happily stayed longer & gone with Jass on a bigger adventure.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We took the half day tour on a beautiful sunny afternoon. We were provided with wetsuits and thorough instruction before setting off across the lagoon. The views were spectacular and it was a really fun experience. Jass is very friendly and knowledgable. I would thoroughly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We took the half day kayak tour which was amazing - a beautiful and tranquil kayak through the lagoon, rivers and lake, with amazing views of the forest and volcanoes. Jass was really friendly and knowledgeable about the wildlife and local area.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We enjoyed two outings with our guide, Alex, of Jass Puerto Varas.
All communication was prompt and we appreciated that he was flexible in planning which activity would work best for us according to the weather forecast. Our first trip was the half day kayak in La Poza which was serene and Alex was patient and helpful with us inexperienced kayakers. The next day he picked us up for our trek to Paso Desolacion. We enjoyed the hike, the beautiful views and the refreshing salads and snacks that were provided.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018

We joined the full-day kayak tour to a fjord just outside of Puerto Varas and had a fun day. The tour was well-organized, our guide Alex was really friendly and informative, the area was beautiful and lunch on a local farm was nice. I would definitely recommend a full-day trip to get the full experience.
The only down-side is that the cost seemed really high for a one-day trip, but we knew that going in.

Date of experience: March 2018