All reviews chinese restaurant cafe terrace international buffet dim sum tennis facilities
Reviewed 27 November 2016

This probably was my fifth or sixth time here for a meal at the Chinese restaurant. I was here for wedding dinners on few occasions. This time it was an event for health ambassadors.

The space outside the ballroom was adequately spacious to have photograph booths and terrarium corners before the lunch actually commenced. It was spacious enough for networking sessions and inside the ballroom, it was also symmetrically and centrally focused for stage performances. Outside there was also a counter that conveniently served drinks throughout the event.

The waiters and waitresses appeared quite young but they were prompt in their service. They changed the plates and served the dishes on bowls and plates and were courteous. Only at times I need to call them to help me fill up my tea cup. The dishes were wonderfully cooked and I like the ambience in the ballrooms, well lit and romantic.

I think the standards are there otherwise it would not be a venue that organizations and individuals consider. The only thing I found inconvenient is that only the front entrance is open. There is no side gate. It is unlikely the civil service club where you could access via the side gate.

With the north south mrt line in place, it is quite convenient to reach and depart from this club. Complimentary parking coupons were also provided

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2016

Probably first of its kind in Singapore, my family booked and stayed in a Spa Suite or to be exact, a Jasmine Spa Suite consisting of a living hall, bed room and spa facilities next to it. This included a Jacuzzi, a Sauna Room and a Steam Room with normal bathing facilities. The family enjoyed much besides the in house 60 minutes soothing spa massage, The club consists of 4 different types of Restaurant cater to different foods; The Terrace Café serving local foods, The Chinese Restaurant, The Dining Room and Miyabi Japanese Restaurant, Comprehensive facilities which include a bowling alley, fitness centre, swimming pool, etc. Special mention of the staff who made our stay most memorable and satisfied. They were James, Chen Feng from Miyabi Japanese Restaurant, Jaffar from Dining Room, Mary May from The Terrace Café and last not least, Rosalind from Membership Services Department.

Room Tip: The only Spa Suites are near to Lift No.1
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2016

I stayed here for 3 days when I walked along Plymouth Avenue. I personally review that this hotel is reasonable price. facilities and amenities are new and good. If i come back Singapore I will choose them.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Just stayed over for 2 days at RTC and the ambience was sophisticated as well as the layout of the whole building brings out a feeling as if you're in the home of an aristocrat.

Rooms was beautifully designed but the TV was old with only few channels to browse.

However, there was no answer when i tried to get some ice by calling room service. Also, during a breakfast session, at the cafe and terrace, with my friends, the waitress got our orders wrong and the manager rowani(i guess) in turn gave a face of disgust as if we're the ones who didn't know what we ordered. Food arrived, got sausages instead of bacon, scrambled eggs came with a flatbread beneath it and tasted bland and dry.

To end the story, the stay and facilities are alright to use, just stay away from the cafe and terrace unless it's a buffet.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank tohc765
Reviewed 12 May 2016

This is a membership club and not a hotel, and so one needs to make deductions - but I was booked into this by a local organization, so I thought it would be a normal place to stay.

Far from it, right under my room was the aerobics hall, where basically nonstop from 11:00 to well beyond 20:00 the worst kind of military pop-beat whammed with heavy bases so that my room shook; it was impossible to work or make a Skype call - or to have a short nap, what with jet lag and all. Why are rooms like that given out at all, especially if the place is not full? Very, very inhospitable. That alone is worth just one bullet out of five.

Then, the bed was folded out from the wall - why? It was not convertible into a suite room. And this thing was too short for me, although I am just 6'3, which is not overly tall. Sleep comfort is something else indeed.

And finally, not a single free electricity plug - as if nobody had a smartphone, a laptop etc. And those that were there mostly unsuited for international plugs, although a combination plug is easy to install. One free one on ankle height, behind the rack for suitcases.

Otherwise, nice tall rooms, well furnished. There is an MRT stop diagonally across the crossroad (Stevens), but watch it: No ATM's there, nor machines where you can pay for your ticket with a credit card. The pool is nice and big. Breakfast was okay.

But altogether, a clear no.

Room Tip: Try to have a room far, far away from the hellish aerobics noise.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business