All reviews chinese restaurant cafe terrace international buffet dim sum tennis facilities
Reviewed 11 August 2016

I stayed here for 3 days when I walked along Plymouth Avenue. I personally review that this hotel is reasonable price. facilities and amenities are new and good. If i come back Singapore I will choose them.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Just stayed over for 2 days at RTC and the ambience was sophisticated as well as the layout of the whole building brings out a feeling as if you're in the home of an aristocrat.

Rooms was beautifully designed but the TV was old with only few channels to browse.

However, there was no answer when i tried to get some ice by calling room service. Also, during a breakfast session, at the cafe and terrace, with my friends, the waitress got our orders wrong and the manager rowani(i guess) in turn gave a face of disgust as if we're the ones who didn't know what we ordered. Food arrived, got sausages instead of bacon, scrambled eggs came with a flatbread beneath it and tasted bland and dry.

To end the story, the stay and facilities are alright to use, just stay away from the cafe and terrace unless it's a buffet.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank tohc765
Reviewed 12 May 2016

This is a membership club and not a hotel, and so one needs to make deductions - but I was booked into this by a local organization, so I thought it would be a normal place to stay.

Far from it, right under my room was the aerobics hall, where basically nonstop from 11:00 to well beyond 20:00 the worst kind of military pop-beat whammed with heavy bases so that my room shook; it was impossible to work or make a Skype call - or to have a short nap, what with jet lag and all. Why are rooms like that given out at all, especially if the place is not full? Very, very inhospitable. That alone is worth just one bullet out of five.

Then, the bed was folded out from the wall - why? It was not convertible into a suite room. And this thing was too short for me, although I am just 6'3, which is not overly tall. Sleep comfort is something else indeed.

And finally, not a single free electricity plug - as if nobody had a smartphone, a laptop etc. And those that were there mostly unsuited for international plugs, although a combination plug is easy to install. One free one on ankle height, behind the rack for suitcases.

Otherwise, nice tall rooms, well furnished. There is an MRT stop diagonally across the crossroad (Stevens), but watch it: No ATM's there, nor machines where you can pay for your ticket with a credit card. The pool is nice and big. Breakfast was okay.

But altogether, a clear no.

Room Tip: Try to have a room far, far away from the hellish aerobics noise.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2015

We stayed at the Raffles Town Club in Singapore on a stopover with the children.
We truly were sorry to be staying only one night.

We arrived in the late evening with with no local cash and a taxi driver who couldn't (or wouldn't) accept a credit card; and the front desk sorted him out. They also escorted us into our room with our luggage without angling for a tip, which is always refreshing when you come from another non-tipping country!
The sorted us out an extra roll-away bed, as we had 2 rooms for 5 of us.
The only niggle is that the adjoining doors which we'd specifically asked for didn't unlock. No matter - we were in a small cul-de-sac of the hallway so had relative privacy anyway.

The kids thought that the pool was heaven after a long flight; and we were pleased to sit next to it and be served food and drink.
We were also given vouchers for a "Welcome Drink" which turned out to be a mocktail.
There was a fruit bowl in the room, which was gratefully devoured by the hungry vultures. (Kids - not real vultures!).

I've seen comments about the small rooms on TripAdvisor; but honestly, that was not our experience. The layout is slightly different than the standard hotel layout, but personally I find that refreshing. I found that the bathrooms were of a larger-than-average size, and the rest of the room to be about average to a Marriott or similar.

Breakfast was served in a cafe near the pool; but they allowed us to eat outside on the pool verandah. The kids were in heaven with the tropical fruit and watermelon juice; and afterwards they went into the pool and on the waterslides again.

All in all, this is a great place to stay in Singapore with a family.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Quack_quack_quackl
Reviewed 13 April 2015

Located within the quiet serenade of Raffles Town Club, The Cafe and Terrace lounge is basked in an elegance of elegance and quiet sophistication; even the guests take care to tone down their conversation in this posh lounge that looks like it has been frozen in classic timelessness.

Pity there was only one waitress on duty to take care of the entire lounge this afternoon, hence service was a little slow. Anyway, we had Black Coffee and Earl Grey Tea, basic drinks that somehow tasted better in this ambience.

Hot BeveragesThere was no food menu available for browsing, and if I heard the waitress correctly, there is no fixed food items on a daily basis. One has to check for what's available on a daily basis - I like the air of mystery.

So we had the Club Sandwich, consisting of ham and eggs with chips on the side. As club sandwiches go, this was a rather tall / thick stack of ingredients slapped into one, held together by a long metallic pick. The flavor was quite good, and bread was soft.

For full review and more detailed information, please feel free to visit:

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business