“Good food”

Mezza9
Ranked #193 of 12,358 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: Chinese, Deli, Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Discover an exciting and contemporary Orchard Road restaurant at Grand Hyatt Singapore featuring Asian and Western cuisine. mezza9 offers a multitude of culinary delights to satisfy diverse palettes and culinary connoisseurs. With nine different dining experiences to savour, diners can choose to sit in any area and still order from all the show kitchens around them; deli, yakitori grill, sushi-sashimi bar, the grill, steam basket, the patisserie and the martini bar.
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

On my last day of my singapore trip went to this restaurant on my own to have dinner. They have good variety in the restaurant starring from Thai... Japanese ... steak ... and Chinese .... and also set menus which was also reasonable ... so far o remember set menu was for 70+ three corse dinner
My initial experience was bad as the initial service was slow but later they overcome it
I ordered from Thai menu fried rice and Angus beef with chilli and onion
Both the item were good and I was satisfied with the quality of food.

GrandHyattSG, Manager at Mezza9, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Sheikh M,

Thank you for choosing to spend your last day in Singapore with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at mezza9.

We're grateful for your kind words and hope that you'll visit us again the next time you're in Singapore.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Excellent Martini Bar and a perfect place to start the evening. Marvelous food and very good Sushi. The atmosphere is relaxed and cozy.

Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co

Dear Jacobj946,

Thanks for choosing to dine with us at mezza9. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our martini bar!

We look forward to having you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The food was good, with a limited selection for vegetarians. Portoons are large and filling. The staff were friendly, but either overworked, or lacks attentiveness.

Dear Pura_Handa,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us. We're sorry to hear that our service staff were not attentive during your visit - we'll be looking into this and will find ways to ensure that future diners will not feel the same way as you.

Once again, thank you for choosing to dine with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Celebrated dad’s birthday here. We were seated at the corner which had pretty dim lighting
Most of us ordered the set meal - the lamp chops and beef tasted great.
Tried the panko meals (not knowing that it meant breaded)- the portion size was petite and I felt it’s a waste to bread and deep fry the wagyu beef. Was not impressed with the panko range of meats. The vegetables were like “tempura”. Crab cakes were meaty and substantial. Liked the grilled native dry aged Angus grass fillet - cut grilled to an acceptable juiciness and tenderness. Loved the grilled asparagus - good crunch and balanced grilled flavour
Really appreciate our wait staff - Lily - she made the whole dining experience very pleasant for us, she was attentive and helpful. Service industry needs more people like Lily!

Dear NellasG,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your Dad's birthday with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Panko meals. At the time of your visit, our restaurant was having a chef collaboration event with Bincho and Panko's chefs. Thank you for trying out the menu and we apologised that it did not meet your expectations. We will look into this and will find ways to improve.

We're delighted to know that the set meal was satisfactory. Once again, thank you for choosing us as a destination to spend your dad's birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

My wife and I were running some errands in town on 人日 or the 7th day of Chinese New Year and we decided to have leisurely lunch at Mezza9 as it has been some time since we dined there.

Having dined at Mezza9 for many years, we always find the huge variety of different cuisines and selections a wonderful treat. Today, was a very busy day at Mezza9 and all the tables were full but we got a cosy seat at the Cold Seafood counter. I ordered the 3-course lunch, consisting of a sashimi salad to start, Gai Yang for my main, and for dessert, strawberry tart with ice cream. My wife had the Lobster lunch set.

Service-wise, on a busy day with the lunch crowd and we’re seated at the counter, we were not expecting much. While we were waiting for our food, Peter, one of the servers, attended to us. Throughout the wait, Peter checked on us at the counter to ensure that we had our lovely warm breads and refilled our dipping sauce whenever it ran out.

Lunch finally came after a long but pleasant wait. Another server, Ching Ching, took over the charge of serving my 3 courses and checking on us intermittently at the counter despite having to also cover many tables around us. As for the food, it was definitely worth the wait. The Gai Yang and Lobster set was simply delectable!

As the crowd dwindled over my dessert and coffee, Ching Ching took the opportunity to introduce the dinner menu to us. As my mother is vegetarian, I asked her about the dining options I had at Mezza9. She was very astute in asking the right questions to better understand my mother’s dietary needs before recommending dishes on the menu.

Despite having to seat at the counter, with good food and great service, it has made our dining experience an enjoyable one. Thank you Mezza9.

18  Thank ksoh_98
GrandHyattSG, Manager at Mezza9, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Ksoh_98,

Thank you for choosing to spend 人日 with us! We're happy to hear that you are very pleased with our service, food and the entire dining experience.

We enjoyed reading your review and will definitely be sharing your compliments with the culinary team, Ching Ching and Peter.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with us!