“Great Malaysian nonya and kueh cakes to travel home with”
Review of Bengawan Solo

Bengawan Solo
Ranked #54 of 275 Quick Bites in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Changi
Neighbourhood: Changi
Reviewed 22 March 2017

If you love kueh lapis and other Malaysian kueh cakes like kueh talam , these are Malaysian ninja coconut cakes or Indonesian layer cake , at terminal 1 , there is a shop in the airport after immigration , I think also in terminal 2 as well . Makes great gifts and if your delayed a great fulfilling snack . As a tourist they are a must to try !

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Cookies and kueh( cakes) from one of most unique culture in Singapore, Peranakan. A gift of the cookies or cakes never fail to please my friends when I travel overseas. You can get them in airport before you leave Singapore. Just check on its location in each terminal via its website. I brought boxes to Australia for a Friend without any issue getting it in.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Their Pandan cake and lapis are the better ones. The rest can skip.
Service is also very rough and unprofessional.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank yeoc468
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Although the fare on offer is pretty decent nonetheless I must observe that the prices are barely justified.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank SGodiyal
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Whenever we are back in Singapore for our yearly visit, I always drop by Bengawan Solo to pick up tins of the cookies to bring home to the US. Having given some away to relatives here in the US who have loved it, we find ourselves bringing home more and more tins! I think this year, I brought back 9 tins, 4 to give away and 5 to eat during the year. The cookie tins keep rather well. I haven't bought the cakes so I don't know how well they will keep. Our favorites are the peanut, kueh bankit and fouram ones, also the love letters.

The airport isn't the only place you can buy these though. I have found them at Takashimaya and Ion too. You can try each of the cookies before you buy them so you really can't go wrong in buying these for unique gifts!

Date of visit: December 2016