“Southern India style for the win!”
Review of Samy's Curry

Samy's Curry
Ranked #240 of 11,965 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tanglin
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Southern Indian style food for the win! Extremely spicy, humongous portions. Fish and chicken and shrimp galore. We had a local order for us and I liked the whole eat with your hands expectation. A banana leaf cut to size as a placemat and all the food served directly from the leaf was a second for me. It was a foodies wet dream! I can't speak highly enough about this place. Apparently it used to be so spicy they had to tone it down because it was running customers away! I loved the spice level and the range of flavors. Parking is a bit tricky but once you find a spot all of your worries seem to melt away. Its a really open space with tons of locals and tourist alike. I got the sense that this place was legendary. I'd love to go back and try more dishes.

Not so humbly submitted,
Michael C.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Samy's curry was the go to place whenever we needed a good curry fix, so our recent visit to the place after an absence of about 5 years was eagerly anticipated. The place looked the same. The rice and condiments on banana leaves looked the same, the lime juice tasted the same, so what was wrong? Let me explain.
Our order of chicken masala and mutton curry was served promptly but what a disappointment greeted us. The fondly remembered fiery hot chicken curry was a far cry from what we were used to. It was BLAND! The chicken curry gravy was bland. The mutton curry was bland. Whatever happened to the curry that caused us to down a whole glass of water or lime juice to put out the fire in our mouths as we tucked into our meal?
We know that this blandness might suit some people but we were certainly disappointed with the dilution of the signature taste of Samy's chicken curry.
We won't rush to revisit Samy's again.

1  Thank Essie2211
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Visited Samy's after a few years and really enjoyed the food this time again. A very good choice of dishes, great service and delicious food. Worth the trip from the city centre.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Went with my partner, had an absolutely delicious dinner.

We had two pieces of tandoori chicken, a side of spinach and briyani rice. We ordered two cups of lime juice as well!

Rice was fragrant and curry served on top of it was bomb! Dal was delicious, spinach was very refreshing and yummy.

Prices were not too bad for the quality you get.

Do note they are closed on Tuesdays.

Definitely will come back for my next briyani fix!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

its a nice area ...old colonial style with few restaurants around it ... kicks you back in time ! since more than 30 years you will get freshly prepared authentic dishes ... no plates ...just served on banana leaves and funny style ... go for it !