“Second visit, very enjoyable”
Review of Samy's Curry

Samy's Curry
Ranked #236 of 12,507 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tanglin
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Visited Samy's after a few years and really enjoyed the food this time again. A very good choice of dishes, great service and delicious food. Worth the trip from the city centre.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Went with my partner, had an absolutely delicious dinner.

We had two pieces of tandoori chicken, a side of spinach and briyani rice. We ordered two cups of lime juice as well!

Rice was fragrant and curry served on top of it was bomb! Dal was delicious, spinach was very refreshing and yummy.

Prices were not too bad for the quality you get.

Do note they are closed on Tuesdays.

Definitely will come back for my next briyani fix!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

its a nice area ...old colonial style with few restaurants around it ... kicks you back in time ! since more than 30 years you will get freshly prepared authentic dishes ... no plates ...just served on banana leaves and funny style ... go for it !

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I was in Singapore recently for a conference and decided to come here on the recommendation of my other half who has previously been here.

I have to say, service was slow to start. We waited a fair while before we were given the menus. The jugs of Tiger beer however came promptly!! We all ordered and array of different food, veggie curry, chicken tikka masala, butter chicken and grilled squid.

Obviously I loved the style of the banana leaf as a plate and loved how our food was served. However I have to say they could probably do it with a bit more flair instead slopping it in front of us as if they were feedings farm animals. Furthermore the waiter slopped a bit of chicken gravy onto my partner's plate and he's a vegetarian so there's that.

The main courses were quite delicious - I don't think I can fault it. It was authentic, well flavoured and exactly what I wanted.

The service and the cleaniless of the place is slightly subpar - but hey I guess it's not selling that. The toilets were quite grim - pee before you go. Would I go again? Probably. Super cheap food and tasty as well. Would I take my boss again like I did this time? Probably not.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Love love love curry! Granted, I have not experienced bad curry except in India! Samy's was incredible. Thank goodness! I have fond memories of my visit to this delightful place.