Stayed for a week in Sept 08 because I lost the argument with my wife who likes the place. Had a 3 br apt which is actually 2 reasonable size bedrooms and one that is little more than a closet.
The apartments don't get much light and are decorated in "1980's Institutional" style - which means they have no style. The kitchen is too small and poorly equipped to do much beyond microwave cooking.
The staff don't follow up on anything without being prompted 2 or 3 times. One day we woke to no functional internet and washer/dryer not working and it took about 6 hours to get response.
The rooms do have their own washer and dryer, but they are tiny and the washer takes about 4 hours per cycle, and the clothes don't smell clean when finished. The dryer takes a long time as well, because the clothes come out of the washer very wet.
The 3x/week servicing is annoying. All of the other serviced apartments in Singapore are doing 6 day/week servicing and we much prefer that. Knowing that this was an issue, I requested a touch up and towel change on the "off" days - in a conversation with the manager - and it never happened despite his agreement to do so.
The gym has been upgraded recently and includes 2 lifefitness ellipticals (one broken), 4 treadmills, and 3 bikes as well as a complete set of good quality life fitness weight machines and some dumbells. Gym is open 24 hours with room key access as well... definitely one of the best points of the whole place.
Pool area is great, especially for kids.
Being atop the mall is also nice as there are a number of good dining options right there.
Over the last several years, we've stayed at Fraser Suites, Treetops, Shangri- La Serviced Apts, and this place rates as the worst of the lot. For the same $$$ you can stay at the Shangri La Apts and have a much nicer experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The largest serviced apartments in Singapore, Great World Serviced Apartments boasts 34 floors of luxury living, offering fully-furnished 1-bedroom apartments to 4-bedroom penthouses. Just a stone’s throw away from the hustle bustle of Orchard Road and minutes from Singapore’s financial and cultural districts, our ideal location is further enhanced by complimentary shuttle services and an adjoining shopping centre. Sweat it out in our gymnasium or simply chill by our near Olympic-size swimming pool, our full range of facilities have a little bit of something for almost everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Wotif.com, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Great World Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great World Serviced Apartments Hotel Singapore
- Great World Serviced Apartments Singapore