2,941 results
All reviews orchard gateway rooftop pool somerset mrt station vending machine shopping mall the club lounge marina bay sands direct access shower and toilet excellent location taxi stand great pool city view orchard area modern hotel superior room convenient location
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2018

Everything about this hotel was great. The staff couldn't do enough for you (even Jeno the robot !!!). Mavis in the restaurant/dining area was very attentive, extremely helpful and friendly. So glad I've booked again to return in April. The pool was wonderful.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Hotel_Jen_Team, General Manager at JEN Singapore Orchardgateway by Shangri-La, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2018

Hi juliee

Thank you for sharing your excellent review with us. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the excellent service provided by our friendly team and our award-winning rooftop infinity pool. Indeed, our pool is the best part of our hotel and also the best one that you can find in the city. It is an urban oasis in the midst of the busy Orchard Road and it also has breath-taking views of the city which makes it the perfect place to take stunning social media worthy photos. We will convey your compliments to Mavis and we are sure she will be delighted to hear that. We look forward to your next stay in April 2019. Have a great week ahead!

Reviewed 18 November 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights on our way to Australia. Great location on Orchard Road. Breakfast had so much to offer, if you went hungry it was your own fault. Staff were very helpful and have a robot delivering room service. Would highly recommend. Orchard road is a great area to stay especially if you are going for the shopping.

Room tip: All rooms have a good view as the hotel part starts on the 10th floor
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda W
Hotel_Jen_Team, General Manager at JEN Singapore Orchardgateway by Shangri-La, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Hi Lynda

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our central location, delectable breakfast buffet, excellent service provided by our friendly team and our efficient hotel robot, Jeno. Indeed, we serve a wide variety of international as well as local delights for breakfast to cater to the different taste of our guests. Our ice cream station which serves a selection of eight different types of ice cream is the most popular breakfast item which is definitely a must-try. Check out our award-winning rooftop infinity pool for your next stay with us as it has panoramic views of the city skyline and it is the perfect place to recharge and relax. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Swissotel Merchant Court on my very last business trip.
And my last vacation trip was a year ago for only 10 hours transit in Singapore before my midnight sector departing.
So, I had missed much info about hotels info in Singapore for years when I had to stayed.

Since I had a forum at Four Season Hotel and my budget not allowed me stayed there (very sad...hahahaha) so I looked for hotel nearby there and Orchard area will be a perfect spot.

I browse numbers of hotels around Orchard (again within my budget) and plus a recommendation from my friend then I booked my stay with Jen Orchardgateway for 2 nights.

Clear immigration around 4pm, I took a cab from Changi airport instead of MRT for just 1 reason, I want to reach hotel quickly.
The cab drop me at mall lobby and it turns out they were direct connected.

You had to go up to 10th floor to find check in desk and check in was fast and efficient.
I had my room at 17th floor with a garden view but blocked a bit by a small building facade (I don't mind and not on vacation mood anyway).
Guest lift equipped with access card for safety reason.

The room was quite spacious with modern teak color, the air con work perfectly, the bed was excellent, the shower room plus rain shower come with separate toilet area and very clean.
They also provide free WiFi in room or around hotel property.

The only issue I faced was I arrived on the date when they had a electricity audit maintenance (they did gave a notice flyer on my desk) and it was started around 1-4am (if I'm not mistaken).

I had a very good taste and variety during breakfast at Makan@Jen restaurant at 10th floor.
No issues at all when looked for lunch or dinner since hotel is well connected to the mall.
I Walked along Orchard Road and visited all malls along my way.

Somerset MRT station was direct connected to hotel so traveling around using MRT was very convenience.

Check out was extremly fast and I made a perfect choice when booked my stay with Jen Orchardgateway.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi gunawan

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with us. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our well-appointed rooms, fast, free Wi-Fi, delectable breakfast buffet and the efficient service provided by our friendly team. Indeed, we serve a wide variety of international as well as local delights for breakfast to cater to the different taste of our guests. Our ice cream station which serves a selection of eight different types of ice cream is the most popular breakfast item which is definitely a must-try. Look out for our hotel robot, Jeno for your next stay with us as he might just be the one swinging right by your doorstep delivering your in-room dining orders or room amenities. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2018

This hotel is perfect! It's on the MRT so easy access from the airport. You are in the heart of Singapore. Rooms are spacious, modern & very clean. The highlight is the rooftop pool. A perfect place to chill with a drink & watch the sunset.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hotel_Jen_Team, General Manager at JEN Singapore Orchardgateway by Shangri-La, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2018

Hi jeneveb

Thank you for sharing your perfect experience with us. We ar delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our central location, well-appointed rooms and our award-winning rooftop infinity pool. Indeed, our rooftop infinity pool is amazing as it has beautiful panoramic views of the city skyline which makes it the perfect place to unwind and relax and to take instagram-worthy moments. It is definitely our favourite spot in the hotel. Look out for our hotel robot, Jeno for your next stay with us as he might just be the one swinging right by your doorstep delivering your in-room dining orders or room amenities. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

Have stayed for 12 nights on a business trip. 4 stars for the venue and rooftop pool. The hotel is located on Orchard Road, a very busy shopping street where you can find anything from budget shopping to very high end brands. Quite a few good restaurants within walking distance. Rooftop pool has an amazing setup with quite some luxurious vegetation and a stunning view. Cocktail options are though extremely limited. Rooms are not the strength of this hotel. To be fair, they are well sized considering the location, but they would already need a refresh as they look a bit oldish. Breakfast was average - coffee from the machine awful. You can have breakfast on the outside terrace though tables there don’t get cleaned frequently, so they look a bit messy with dirty plates all over.
Overall the hotel is a good option if you want to stay in a very central location. Friendly staff.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi EUTravellerGoin

Thank you for sharing your fantastic review with us. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our award-winning rooftop infinity pool, our central location and our friendly staff. Indeed, we are well-located in the heart of Orchard Road, situated right above Somerset MRT and connected to 4 major shopping malls with a 24-hour Japanese Supermarket. We have informed the team about your feedback and we will act on it the soonest to give you the best experience for your next stay with us. Your valued feedback will help us greatly. We hope to see you again soon.