“Worst St. Regis experience...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The St. Regis Singapore

Ranked #23 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
New York City, New York
“Worst St. Regis experience...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This 6 star hotel dissapointed me a lot. Of course, anyone's expectation to 6 star hotel must be very high instead, we pay good price for the value.
At their multiple restaurants, it seemed waiters were all inexperienced. Worst one was a waiter kept forgetting the orders, or messing up the course- while someone was eating appetiser, some other waiter came in and started to ask dessert- it was very chaotic.
When a big group arrived at the hotel, this room service answered that the food wouldn't be ready for another 90 minutes because they needed to prioritize the group.
Hotel staff seemed to be panic in dealing with a big party, and was so surprised at their capability.
The room cleanliness was also a question- I ended up calling to warn how to make bed and keep clean the room as hairs stay in the bed and toilet papers are not exchanged even though it's used up.
The night time chocolate was a joy and a friendly bell boy was very refreshing throughout this appalling experience at St. Regis in Singapore. - also Spa looked excellent though I didn't have time to use.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nyay
SRSManagement, Public Relations Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear nyay,

Thank you for your review.

Please allow me to begin by offering my sincere apologies that you had a disappointing stay.

The experiences you encountered are certainly not reflective of the standards of service that is expected of us.

We regret that some of your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We recognise the importance of picking up on these finer touches, so as to refine them and to provide our guests with true expressions of luxury.

Please rest assured that your review had identified areas in which we can do better, and we are taking steps to ensure these shortfalls are corrected.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

The St. Regis Singapore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My heavenly hotel room was at level 10something. Facing to the street, it was everything that I could ever wanted. It was a really luxury to stay in St Regis, the bathroom, well I stayed too many times watching tv while bathtubbing in the bathroom. And it has a massage shower also. The location was at the end of orchard road, Tanglin rd. So you might have to walk around 5-10 minutes to reach Ion orchard subway station (the nearest station), but knowing that your hotel is a safe haven, the walk is worth it, after spending time around Singapore whole day, you go back to the warmth of the exclusiveness of your room. You have your own personal butler too. That's how exclusive it is.. All in all it's a 5 star ecperience. I love to love it.

• Stayed February 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Had 2 nights here after a cruise round Asia. We had such great service on the cruise, I was expecting our hotel stay to be a let down, but I was wrong. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from town but near a shopping mall.Very good service. We had a butler and I can't fault the service we had from them. Pressing was returned quickly and efficiently and tea was brought within minutes of ordering. I even had a bath drawn which seemed to amuse the butler as much as me! However, I did think it would have been nice to have a biscuit or something with the tea, and we had a bottle of orange juice on arrival, but only one during the entire stay.Evening turn down was good,with lovely chocolate bars being left. The room was comfortable and very nicely decorated with lovely silks. Housekeeping need to pay more close attention however as I discovered a face cloth on the window sill on arrival, that was still there on departure and a big pile of dust at the back of the settee. Theses were minor niggles and the hotel was lovely otherwise. Great breakfast buffet with huge choice of foods. Service in the restaurant was attentive and quick.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SRSManagement, Public Relations Manager at The St. Regis Singapore, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear noddie11,
Thank you very much for your kind words of kudos.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to our garden city.

Thank you too for pointing out a few areas that required closer attention, and greatly appreciate your graciousness.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to your address when in Singapore.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in the St Regis and had a marvelous time. The staff was extremely responsive, hospitable and could not do enough to insure our stay was perfect. The hotel itself and rooms are well appointed with an ambience of sophistication without being "stuffy". We would rate this St Regis slightly higher based on services that the St Regis in New York City. We found the location to be perfect. If one is looking for luxury, service and hospitality the St Regis Singapore would come highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

After a very long journey from San Francisco, the St. Regis is an oasis of luxury and refined style. I was last in Singapore ten years ago. In the interim, the city skyrocketed in terms of pure energy and as a hub for travelers from across the globe. The St. Regis is an incredibly welcome spot from which to do business or simply enjoy the incredible city that Singapore has become.

Checking in at two a.m., I encountered a front desk team that was efficient, friendly and totally ready to make my stay perfect. I was brought to my room by my butler who took my packed suit and shoes and ensured me that they’d be pressed and shined in time for my busy morning ahead. He would have unpacked everything, but given the time of the morning, I chose not to take his help.

My room was large, beautifully appointed and comfortable for sleeping, working or just relaxing. The bathroom was a standard for luxury baths.

As a Platinum SPGer, my breakfast was included. Unlike the larger hotels of the American chains in Singapore, breakfast was lower key, more refined and highly personal. Instead of the 500 busy business people standing inline for the buffet, the St. Regis offers personal service and a beautiful and delicious selection of Western and Asian items.

The health club is small by hotel standards, but well-equipped and open the a very nice pool.

I’m heading back to Singapore in April and already looking forward to my return visit.

Room Tip: My room was wonderful. A king facing the botanical garden.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear drosen85,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to provide us with this review.

Thank you too for recognising the efforts of our Front Office team and St. Regis Butlers, who delighted you with their welcoming demeanour and bespoke service.

We greatly value your review and positive reinforcement, particularly from a loyal guest to Starwood as yourself.

I thank you sincerely for choosing to stay with us, and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to The St. Regis Singapore in the near future.