“Leafy stay in Singapore”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Seaside70...
“Leafy stay in Singapore”
Reviewed 7 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed the accommodation and the neighbourhood. We were greeted by Erly, the housekeeper, and oriented to our room and shared amenities ( kitchen, bathroom, laundry and swimming pool). The room had air conditioning and a ceiling fan ( we had forgotten how hot and humid Singapore is!) and was quite adequate for our needs ( we are a couple in our sixties). The shared bathroom and kitchen were never a problem - we only had breakfast in the morning and then ate out the rest of the time. We used the pool every day!

We enjoyed staying in a family environment with two gorgeous little girls, a dog and a cat! Chris was very welcoming and knowledgeable about the history of the area, which was a British miltary estate. We enjoyed the leafiness of Alexandra and the nearby Hort Park and Kent Ridge Park. We loved the Sothern Ridges walk to Mt Faber and the Alexandra Hawkers Village.

All in all, a great place to stay.

chief2015
Perth Hills, Australia
“Relaxation +”
Reviewed 27 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

This was our fifth time in Singapore,and a change from the hotel thing was our aim and this was it our hosts were perfect there when you needed them it was like being part of the family.Yes we will be going back it is not for all and if you are looking for a quiet oasis close to basic needs transport and food this is it.

Liked best: Peace & quiet
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Turtlemom...
Wooster, Ohio
“Lovely piece of paradise!”
Reviewed 17 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

As I planned my trip to Singapore to visit my oldest son, I researched and googled like crazy. Since I was going to be spending 2 weeks here and at times my son would be at work, I wanted a good place to relax and unwind. I don't need 5 star service or the impersonal hotel room.

I was thrilled to discover an amazing little gem with a pool, a kitchen and even family pets. I am an avid animal lover who has been involved with rescue for 6 years and have 5 fur babies of my own. I found the perfect place! Paula, the dog is a sweetheart and Dash, the cat is happy to have some human attention (on his terms, of course like a typical cat).

The housekeeper, Erly is a doll and helped make my stay for relaxing and welcoming. The family is very kind and gracious. If you know that latest Frozen songs, then their adorable daughter will be happy to lead you in a chorus or two. She has a charming little munchkin with personality galore!

If you want a place to call home and feel like you are truly a part of the real Singapore, then look no further.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Immediate feeling of home.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
handlebar...
Glenwood, New Mexico
“Great alternative to the hotel scene”
Reviewed 11 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Staying here was so much more to my liking than a typcial hotel. Gijs and Ting, the owners, were away for most of my time here, but we met towards the end of my trip and what a nice couple. Erly, their live-in helper, was wonderful. This type of place is not for everyone. If you need 5-star this is not your place. But if you want to feel like you're at home, then by all means spend some time here when you are in Singapore. My room was simpe but comfortable, the kitchen is shared, but has everything you could need to cook up your favorite meal. You get room in a fridge, and there are several nearby markets to stock up on groceries. The bathroom is shared as well, but in my time there was never a conflict for it's use.

There's a bus stop right out front which will take you to a nearby MRT station (the MRT station can be walked to in 10 minutes). You are close to downtown without being in the middle of the noise and crowds. Hart Park is very close, just 3 minutes to the entrance. There are a few places to eat nearby, and a couple of great hawkers areas.

I'll stayt again next time I have an extended stay in Singapore if there is availablility, that's for sure !

Liked best: the atmosphere
Travelling group: Solo
MuddyBath
Bath, United Kingdom
“A little bit of the past”
Reviewed 14 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed there 3 nights and my wife about 10. It's a really different place to stay - though not for those who want all the mid cons of a modern hotel.

There are two rooms which are basic but all you require (I.e. Somewhere to sleep!). You share a bathroom and toilet with the other room and Erly. There was never a clash while we were there.

The outside area is lovely to have, though you are next to and above Alexandra Road, which is pretty busy, so you will hear traffic.

Loads of buses - 20 minutes to HarbourFront, for example.

The area behind the house is old style colonial and well worth an explore along with neighbouring Hort Park and Kent Ridge Park.

We really lived it and it's very relaxed atmosphere. It isn't for everyone, but if you fancy something different, give it a go.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing