“Wonderful Indian Seafood!”

Ranked #1,255 of 12,644 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighbourhood: Marina Centre
Neighbourhood: Marina Centre
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Gajalee serves Indian style seafood, which is not something you come across easily.

Service and presentation are very good, and the green curry crab, the butter pomfret, and their masala papadums are a must-have each time I visit.

It completely changes my concept of what Indian food is.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

This must be my 3rd or 4th review after multiple visits. And the lowest rating so far. How the standards of this restaurant have deteriorated! It really saddens me to write this review but I hope the restaurant management will look into the issues.

Over multiple visits, we had noticed that there are always unavailable items from menu, but this time almost everything we asked was not available, notably the fried bombay duck & clams koshimbir, which are 2 items for which we visit the restaurant. Whatever was available - we had grilled prawns, fried king fish, mutton sukka & chicken masala with vade, rice & solkadi - was good, though no longer excellent.

The pricing was always on higher side. When the quality was good, it could be justified but now it felt exorbitant. I wouldn't pay a repeat visit at the current level of quality.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We visited this place two days ago. The place is small and price is reasonable. Crab items were really good. But not many options available. The waiter confused us while recommending prawns, later what we got is highly spicy.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant whilst looking for a Thai restaurant. I'm glad we did. The chicken (mint marinated) tikka was some of the best tikka I've had anywhere, India included. The mains were also super tasty.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank kimberley_boy
Reviewed 11 January 2017

Very yummy Fish Tika and Green Curry Crab! Did not expect to find such good Indian food at the Esplanade. Heard later that this is a staple amongst the expat Indian community in Singapore.

Downside: Waiting time and Pricey.

Date of visit: September 2016