2,443 results
All reviews rooftop pool clarke quay rooms are small hi express diy laundry hotel is modern minute walk walking distance to chinatown free breakfast short stay bars and restaurants the breakfast area stayed here for nights noodles mrt stations yogurt breakfast spread
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I like how the hotel tries to be smart. I stay here for business and I’m always pleased with my stay. All essentials provided, they even have DIY laundromat.

Gym is very small and crammed but since this is Singapore, that’s expected.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Ask for an outside facing room because there are rooms where your only view from your window is the window of the next room. So expect to close your curtains all the time.

Toilet bowl is weird it’s built too high up from the floor. I bet short people’s feet won’t touch the floor when sitting on it.

The hotel is next to the nice stretch of restaurants at the popular clarke quay riverside. So you would certainly not run out of food options.

Breakfast is also good and I thought the staff are always helpful.

I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
S_Kloprogge, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Rupertwoone,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

I was delighted to read that our Select Service Model hotel met your needs as a smart traveller, in particular our Great location, comfortable rooms and the service provided to you by our polite and helpful team.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Situated between Chinatown and Clark Quay both are an easy 5 minute walk to the various shops and restaurants, bars and underground stations.

It is also a short walk to Canning Park which is a nice place to take a stroll.

Hotel is great for an Express. The staff are friendly, the roof swimming pool is lovely and it has a small but nice gym on the roof.

Rooms are smallish but plenty big enough for 2 and the high ceilings and floor to ceiling glass makes them feel spacious.

Taxi’s from the airport are around $18-$25 depending on traffic.

Drinks in the bar are a little expensive but there are loads of bars a short walk away.

The buffet breakfasts were great, with a wide choice, including Chinese and Indian.

Definitely the nicest Express I’ve ever stayed in.

They have a nice secure area to leave your luggage after check out which was handy.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank St_Edmundsbury_Gold

Dear St_Edmundsbury_Gold,

I was delighted to read that our Select Service Model hotel met your needs as a smart traveller, in particular our Great location, comfortable rooms, Free Express Start Breakfast, 24Hrs Fitness Center, Rooftop Swimming Pool and the service provided to you by our polite and helpful team.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Positioned just a 5 minute walk from Riverside Point and the hub of Clarke Quay this is a well located, mid-range, good value hotel. Local transport links easily accessible with Clarke Quay and Fort Canning MRT in close proximity.

The service levels offered for an ‘Express’ version of the Holiday Inn chain were surprisingly good. Reception staff were attentive and exceedingly helpful on all interactions, certainly providing service levels on par with higher rated establishments.

Breakfast was a solid offering, a good mix of western, continental, and Asian foods. Plenty of tables, low wait times, prompt table clearance and friendly staff. I wouldn’t expect anyone to go away hungry.

The Queen Bed Room was pleasant. Floor to ceiling windows and outward facing mean lots of light in the room and a view of the city. Good double blinds mean you are not woken in the morning however as light is kept out well. Bathroom was compact with walk in shower. Shower Gel and Handwash provided but no shampoo / conditioner so bring your own in case! Comfortable bed and choice of pillows mean a good night sleep. Couple of added extras with Bluetooth enabled Alarm Clock and Speaker mean you can listen to your preferred tunes and the in-room ‘Handy’ Phone meant internet browsing and trips and tours brought straight to you. Complimentary bottled water appreciated and good tea and coffee making facilities. The in room fridge also useful.

Gym / Fitness Centre is reasonably equipped with a multipurpose weight machine, small selection of free weights and a good selection of CV equipment. A minor improvement here would have been to close the sides of the room (open) and fit with A/C.

Rooftop lap pool was welcoming and well used - the glass sides are certainly unique. The roof area is a nice place to relax but lacked sufficient beds for number of users. That said, nice to have pool towels provided.

WiFi was strong throughout and of course free - a staple of any good accommodation these days.

Certainly I’d recommend this hotel to visitors of Singapore as it’s a great base to explore from and good value hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SMB_2000
S_Kloprogge, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear SMB_2000,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay and for taking the time to share your great four star review.

I was delighted to read that our Select Service Model hotel met your needs as a smart traveller, in particular our Great location, comfortable rooms, Free Express Start Breakfast, Handy Phone, 24Hrs Fitness Center, Rooftop Swimming Pool and the service provided to you by our polite and helpful team.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Thanks for great hospitality at the property. FB staff are very gentle and Front Desk are quick, professional and friendly. My special thanks to Ms. Muoi ( I dont know exatly her name) the Housekeeper from Vietnam who was very delighted and helpful to take care of my room which make me feel relax and comfortable after long day going out. She greeted me every morning, wished me a happy day and promised my room will be always in best condition after I came back that I could enjoy best stay. A very little thing made me happy all the stay. Thank you Ms. Muoi.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sophie N,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Clarke Quay and for taking the time to share your great five star review.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped off in Singapore on our way to Sydney for 3 nights.

The room was immaculate, and tended to every day, it was compact but as we were exploring all day this is not an issue at all!

For getting around, the hotel is in a great location as it’s only a 5 minute walk to Clarke quay to jump a boat down to the financial district, or like us we just walked everywhere to see the city!

Hotel facilities were great, and hotel very clean. We made use of rooftop pool and gym every day which were great for a early morning or late night session, especially to see the city lights of a night time from hot tub!!

Food was fantastic, cannot complain at all as ample choice for every walk of life!

One thing that was a god send, and a great idea....the room came with a complimentary mobile phone with maps on to find your way around the city, and could even be used to book trips!!! We used this every day to navigate around the city.

If we were to visit Singapore again, I would not hesitate to book here!

Late checkout available at a charge, well worth it if flying at night!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Paul B,

I was delighted to read that our Select Service Model hotel met your needs as a smart traveller, in particular our Great location, comfortable rooms, Free Express Start Breakfast, Rooftop Swimming Pool, 24Hrs Fitness Center, Handy Phone and the service provided to you by our polite and helpful team.