“GREAT Chicken !!!”

Cuisines: Singaporean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My friend and I went to Boon Tong Kee to order some take-out for my family. We went all the way from Marina Bay Sands hotel to the restaurant because we heard how good the chicken was...and they didn't disappoint us. I think I went a little over-board on ordering the chickens (I purchased 4 of them -- we were hungry when we ordered :) We were able to finish about 2 of them and gave the rest to our friend since we were staying in the hotel and didn't have a refrigerator). He gave some to his friends and they finished all the food (whew...)

The food was FANTASTIC as Chinese food goes...the chicken was tender and perfectly cooked...the veggies were right on too...it was just great Chinese food (after staying at several hotels in Singapore...and eating Western food...this food was probably one of the best meal I had while I was in Singapore)

We kept asking the chefs if they could give us more pickled veggies...they gave us a lot...and it was really good with the rice and chicken.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We went there because we got out of the airport late so it was the only place that’s open and i regretted doing so because the taste was worse than the one in my city which was disappointing and it made my throat feel bad because of a lot of msg

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Part of Boon Tong Kee chain.
Quality is not consistent. Give it a miss and head to the one at Balestier Road

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

A guest was in town and she was keen to try Singapore’s “famous chicken rice” when she spotted Boon Tong Kee at River Valley Road.

Upon entering the eatery, we were told to wait for a table since we were unwilling to share one, especially since we had plans to hold a private conversation over dinner. Not a single one of the many staff standing around invited us to take a seat at the numerous empty tables meant for larger groups as we waited. I was observing them to see if anyone would take the initiative. Alas, nobody did. Soon, tired of standing near the entrance, I simply plonked myself at a table next to me, and invited my guest to follow suit.

For the two of us, I ordered half a chicken, fried French beans in spicy “XO sauce”, deep fried prawn rolls, and accompanying chicken rice and lime juice.

There were more than enough succulent pieces of chicken to be relished, and the deep fried prawn rolls dipped in a dark sweet sauce were simply delicious. However, the dish of fried French beans was mediocre and its plating and presentation was rather haphazard and unimpressive (considering we were not at a food court or hawker centre).

It was a nice dinner for two that cost just under SGD60/£33/USD46. But I am giving a rating of 3/5 as service was atrocious.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We had been here some years ago and wanted to go back and try Hainan Chicken with Pyramid shaped rice.

Yo this we had fried pork ribs and vegetables.
Drinks were Chinese tea.

Good tastes in good company.
We will come back.