See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2015

I stayed here with my 5-y.o-daughter for 2 nights. I took a private room with ensuite bathroom on the second or third floor (I'm not quite sure). The room is small, the bed sound creaky and (as the room is small) it blocks the door to the bathroom every time we wanted to use the bathroom we had to fold the mattress or jumped over the bed to get inside. The toilet is squatting type with a flush.

There was a cup/mug in the room for guest to use but we got a dirty one with toothpaste stain (maybe they didn't even bother to wash it for the next guest) >_<
They also didn't provide a doormat to put in front of the bathroom.

On the plus side: free wi-fi, air conditioned room, water cooker, located near MRT Chinatown, food stall nearby with affordable price, near souvenir shops.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank DeboraMB2014
Reviewed 24 February 2015

The only two good things of the hotel are its location and the wifi. But everything else is horrible. The beds grind all night long (because de metal beds are too old), In a quadruple room THERE WAS ONLY ONE SOCKET!!!! Imagine that a traveller has to charge at least 2 devices: cell phone and camera... we were four persons there, so we even fight with each other to hog the socket. Then, the wc was outside the room, so if you in the early morning wanted to pee, you needed to cross the reception and the laundry área. The shower room was tiny, you barely are able to use your towel. The floor was broken and ugly, the matress was tough and the staff were charging a deposit for everything, even for borrowing a socket adaptor. Please look for another option while staying in Singapore.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank ginit88
Reviewed 12 January 2015

The worst part about this place is that there is no toilet in the room even thought it is advertised as a hotel. As a "westerner" it was not what we would have expected as a hotel. There is a toilet on every floor for common use.
We picked this hotel due to its proximity to public transport which was a big advantage. Being in the heart of China Town also meant that lots of good places to eat were in walking distance.
You can't keep the window open to let in any fresh air as it opens out onto a busy street in China Town- the window shutters do well to block out the noise from the street and keep the hot sun out.
The hotel staff were generally pretty helpful. The air-conditioning unit was serviced during our stay- which is much needed for the humid Singapore days. The staff were helpful in cleaning out the mouldy tea leaves from the people that stayed prior to us.
Overall, if you are on a tight budget this place would suit I guess. Just don't expect too much.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Renee W
Reviewed 3 December 2014

It is my first time in Singapore and whenever I travel, my top priority for choosing the accommodation is the proximity of the place to different areas of interests. Chinatown area is a haven for shopping souvenirs, food, and many more at a very affordable prices. As we all know, Singapore is one of the most expensive cities in the world and that, I may say, is very true as everything here is pricey. The hotel features a budget-friendly accommodation for everyone. Just a decent room for your things and for sleeping when you're wasted after a long hours of walking and touring the neighborhood. No TV but good aircon units. The restrooms are for common use of every guests (not to worry, every floor has it!). No complimentary breakfast but what I really loved is that just outside the hotel, a chinese foodcourt and the famous Chinatown food street are just few steps away. The staff are friendly and hospitable although one of them is not well-versed in speaking english for communicating with guests. The MRT Chinatown station is located at the back of the hotel just a few meters away so no hassle for you to wander around the city.

Overall, I am recommending this hotel for budget-conscious travelers like me who would like to maximize their spending on shopping, eating and touring without sacrificing on a decent accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank enegue2013
Reviewed 10 November 2014

just on the eage of Chinatown so the location as i was there for the F1 race the staff where extremely friendly and helpful. The air conditioner works well. Otherwise this hotel is a bit outdated, a bit dirty It is ok if you are a backpacker. reasonable price hotel. when the F1 circus is in town

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo