“Awesome experience”
Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #70 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Stayed here for 9 night from 7th - 16th May paid the extra money for the larger room on the executive floor and it was well worth it. We only used the balcony a couple of times but it was still worth it. I'm a HH member but don' t have exec club access yet. The club is available 24 x 7 and cocktails run every night from 6 - 8.30pm on top of that the staff are particularly friendly and helpful. Based on some other reviews I had read we looked for faults. There aren't any. Even organising a late check out for 4.00pm was a simple task. We will return and I would be happy to recommend this hotel.
Other points it's on the quieter end of Orchard Rd but a short walk only to the Orchard MRT and busses just across the road.

Happy travelling :)

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear tricydicky,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore. It is such a pleasure for me and my team to know that your stay with us was everything you expected.

We truly appreciate your kind feedback regarding our Executive Lounge and service, and look forward to your next stay with us when you return to Singapore.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The Hilton is a very good and central business hotel. We had an executive club room. It was nice, very corporate and nothing outstanding or special about it but not bad nevertheless. The thing that sells this property is its location. Is is right on Orchard Rd and close to everything.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear SydneysidersLondon,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality; thank you very much for your kind feedback!

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope you return to stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

having Reviewed comments on TripAdvisor before flying worried me more than everything.
Finally, I must say I enjoyed my stay, I enjoyed the service, I enjoyed the place and I Shall return !
Thanks to a review that gave details and recommendations, I asked for a back-side room (not on Orchard Road - Thirsty alley) by email. At arrival the room was booked for me on the 18th Floor.
This is room as quiet as an Hotel in a dense urban area should be. As clean as an Hilton should be.
For sure, Swimming-pool is small but Fitness Center is great. I was given accurate recommendations for Running course at Check-in so I could enjoy Botanic Garden for morning run. I was also given good advice for public transportation.
Thanks to TripAdvisor Members, I enjoyed it. Thank you !!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a back-side room, away from elevators. Review comments for more details
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Eric D,

It is a great pleasure for me and my team to know that you enjoyed your stay and our hospitality during your recent stay with us.

It is also good to know that the TripAdvisor community was able to provide you with helpful advice for your stay. We are glad to have met your room request and to have contributed to your good stay experience. Rest assured your room preference has been recorded in our system for your next stay with us.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed again at the Hilton on Orchard road. Again no complaints, staff friendly and helpful, especial Pedro. I arrived a little early and he saw to it that I had a room within a few minutes, excellent. Will be back again, I like the location on Orchard road and the Hard Rock Cafe just around the corner. Easy access to the MRT etc.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank T0mS

Dear T0mS,

Thank you for posting a review on your stay at Hilton Singapore. It is a great pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stays with us and that you found our service consistently warm and helpful.

We have shared your encouraging feedback with Pedro, who, together with the rest of the team, is dedicated to ensuring the best stay experience for all our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

To say that this was not the best experience we had in a Hilton, would be an understatement. Our frustration with Hilton Singapore started before we even stepped into the hotel. We have prepaid for our stay, through their central on-line booking system but the hotel itself managed to overcharge us by more than 350SGD. Having noticed this on my credit card a couple of weeks before we were due to arrive, I called the hotel directly and was told that it was indeed their mistake but instead of refunding it to me straight away, I was cheekily asked if would rather have it as a credit towards food and beverage during my stay?! What cheek!! When I confirmed I wanted a refund, I was told it would be sorted out at the check-in (several weeks later, why?!!!). I wasn't desperately happy about the wait but didn't want to make a fuss. Upon our arrival, at the check-in, a few weeks later, there was no mention of my refund. When I asked the reception about it, the answer was that they would check with the accounts why it has not been processed yet. (Later on they called to say it would be processed the following day). Shambolic! At this point, I thought we'd be at least offered a complementary drink as an apology, if nothing else. No such luck. As a matter of fact, we got another disappointing bit of news straight away (and yet another apology!). The room we requested (several months in advance) - with twin beds was not available at that time and we'd have to make do with a double bed. At this stage, we thought that perhaps even an upgrade would have been in order but oh no - they don't really seem to try to make up to you for any inconvenience they might have caused you at this Hilton. A smile and a verbal apology is the most you would get, it appeared. OK, moving on! The room we were given was OK, nice and big enough, recently redecorated but nothing special and certainly not worth the price tag. When after half an hour, our luggage was still not brought to us, we decided to kill some time and explore the hotel. An hour after check- in, back in our room and our bags still have not been delivered! Well Hilton - this is not the sort of service I expected, especially as paying those sky high rates! I couldn't get hold of anyone at the reception so I decided to personally go searching for our bags. Luckily there was a member of staff in the lift who kindly offered to do this for me, when he saw my furious face. The disappointment sadly continued throughout our stay. Our room was around the corner from the lifts so we couldn't sleep very well from all the noise the lifts were making. The pool was not particularly inviting nor (for a roof-top pool of a top hotel) was it very nicely done and although some people would love this hotel's location, I found Orchard Road overcrowded and far too noisy and busy. Sadly, our unpleasant saga with Hilton Singapore continued well after we got home as it took nearly a month after our stay of rather frustrating chasing for them to finally issue us a refund for their overcharge. With all the phone calls and credit card foreign currency charges, we ended up being out of pocket too. It was an expensive and unpleasant experience. Pity, as we like Hilton brand so it's such a shame we got such diabolical service from this one.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to the lifts; to avoid noise from busy Orchard Road ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ali98

Dear Ali98,

Please accept our sincere apologies for your disappointing experience with Hilton Singapore. Thank you for sharing your insights and feedback, they do indeed point to service shortfalls we need to address.

I have personally reviewed your feedback with my team and we recognise that more should have been done to turn this situation around for a more satisfactory resolution. I reassure you that my team are dedicated to upholding and delivering the premium service expected of our hotel. We will continue to work on improving our service, especially in handling challenging scenarios and your valuable feedback helps us in this respect.

I understand that your experience with us has very much impacted your impression of us. Should you visit Singapore again in the future, please let me know so I can personally look after your reservation. Thank you again for your review.