Singapore is a very friendly city and the hotel is no different.
From the outside, it is a fairly low rise hotel, a little non descript. I think it has a total of 4 storey's.
The location is excellent, just off Orchard Road. Within a 5 minute walk, you are amongst an abundance of food choices - Singapore is certainly a culinary delight. Shopping Malls are located along Orchard Road.
I noticed a Starbucks within a 5 minute walk and various bars. March is a pleasant time to visit - weaher wise, so enjoyed strolling around the area.
Check in was swift and friendly. It was a business trip but despite this, could not fault the location at all, without a doubt, it would suit business and leisure travelers alike.
I am a smoker and usually, not given the best rooms in a hotel - nor floor. I had the business lounge as part of my room rate, including wi fi and wired internet.
Both worked fine.
The room appeared a little dated, I had 2 double beds, which was fine. Sleep quality was good, ample pillows and all together, the room was a decent size.
The bathroom was equally dated. Shower was in the tub and whilst there were 2 shower heads, the pressure was not fantastic.
Closet space was ok for the short trip.
I had noisy neighbours and since there was an inter-connecting door, put the volume down to that. I am a heavy sleeper, so it did not bother me too much. Certainly no street noise.
I took breakfast in the main area one morning. Staff were friendly and there was a fairly decent spread, but the dining area was cramped and dated. They need to get rid of the carpet and spruce the place up.
The remainder of my mornings and whe I arrived back at the hotel in the evenings, would go to the club lounge.
The club lounge lacks reading materials and is not particularly big.
However, both breakfast and evenings cocktails/snacks are fine.
Overall, I found the staff make this place, in particular those in the club lounge - whom I interracted the most with.
The location is perfect.
I would rate this a full thumbs up but for 2 things :
Bedroom windows are filthy outside. Considering it's a low storey buildining, really no excuse.
The bedrooms - at least the one I was in, needs refurbishing as does the main breakfast area.
Other than those 2 points, thoroughly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore's well-known shopping boulevard, Orchard Road, Holiday Inn(R) Singapore Orchard City Centre is just minutes away from the Central Business District, the Somerset and Dhoby Ghaut Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) stations as well as the Central Business District and medical centres including the Paragon Medical Singapore and Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Explore the city at ease with popular cultural districts such as Bugis, Chinatown and Little India, and attractions like the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay all located within close proximity, making us an ideal spot for staycation. Changi Airport is a short 25-minute drive away. The hotel boasts 324 well-appointed guestrooms, 11 state-of-the-art function rooms, a collection of two restaurants and a bar - Tandoor, featuring authentic North Indian cuisine, Window on the Park showcasing Asian and local delights, and Lobby Lounge & Bar which offers the perfect venue to unwind after a business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Wotif.com, Odigeo, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn