3,635 results
All reviews straits kitchen orchard road martini bar pete's place grand club lounge grand deluxe room shopping district f b business hotel business trip central location buffet breakfast early check mrt station brix mezza scotts
Reviewed 19 November 2010

As a reasonably seasoned traveller I am disappointed more often than I'm impressed with supposed five star hotels, however the Grand Hyatt Singapore is an exception. From the moment of arrival, this hotel delivers. I travelled with my family (including a two year old) but also required business services, so I experienced the hotel from a leisure and corporate perspective.
The facilities are second-to-none and the staff are so incredibly helpful. It's a hotel that delivers all the expected trappings of an inner-city five star, yet so much more. It is an oasis in the heart of Singapore, with it's beautiful pool and tropical surrounds, yet it offers the minimalist slickness of a corporate environment.
This hotel has found the clever balance of pleasing both business and leisure travellers.
Having stayed at a few five star hotels in Singapore, including the reputed Shangri La, the Grand Hyatt is by far the very best and a hotel I will return to over and over again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank CaroAust
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I stay regularly in the Grand Hyatt because the service always the best. Rooms in the main hotel are all suites and very comfortable. Location takes a bit of a beating too. I have stayed at most of the 5 star hotels in Singapore to try them out and always return to the Hyatt. Usually spend about 8 weeks a year there so I think I should know it well.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken1948
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Stayed for business for a week in the junior suite and happy with the spacious room.The room is equipped with Olfsen and Bang TV and Stereo, which is rather impressive.
Tried the food at the Mezza9, Straits kitchen and Pete's Place and I must say they were all great!
Since I was quite busy in the hotel for conference, the location was great for a quick shopping after.. as it is very close to Orchard Road. And if you need to take the MRT, it is just a bit of walk to get there.

The business center was really well equipped and I love the fact they serve illy coffee! Love my stay there and would definitely come back even for pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank EllyN_08
Reviewed 10 November 2010

If one was going to Singapore and one has a high budget then this hotel is definitely what a person should be looking at. This hotel spells the epitome of hospitality and grace. Everything from our welcome to out departure was looked after properly!
Indeed it is also situated at the best location of Singapore and therefore is convenient for tourists.!

Special mention should be give about the staff who is extra courteous.

I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting to relax or rejuvenate themselves on a trip to SIngapore.

PS: The Damai is also worth checking out as it is too good!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank rachit389
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt 3 times now and twice in the last 3 months with each stay being for two weeks so that says I like it and I will return to this hotel again.

Likes.
Service - I always find the service and attitude of the staff excellent from check-in to check-out. Hyatt should be commended for their training and other hotels could learn from this.
Quality of the furnishings, buisness and wooden floors, so much cleaner than carpet.
Location - is excellent for Orchard road as it's less than 2 minutes walk to Orchard MRT.

Dislike
Minor point but the hotel bars within the hotel lack atmosphere, but if you're in Singapore why do you want to sit inside a hotel bar anyway.
Some of the rooms have a dissapointing view

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank PC2