3,635 results
All reviews straits kitchen orchard road martini bar pete's place grand club lounge grand deluxe room shopping district f b business hotel business trip central location buffet breakfast early check mrt station brix mezza scotts
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The Grand Hyatt has an excellent location on Orchard Road...so it's right next to all the shops if you need to snatch retail therapy time during meetings.
I love their Italian restaurant...the nightclub was great for cocktails early in the evening, became livelier by the hour and then turned downright seedy in the wee hours. Nice to grab a drink though.
The rooms were nice...and service was excellent. I recommend this as a business hotel option in Singapore.

Room Tip: There are two wings...go for the first one. And get a suite with a separate living room for a nominal additional charge.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Aarti S
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Grand Hyatt Singapore is located near Orchard Rd shopping and has very nice rooms of typical Asian design. Spa bathroom has what may be the nicest shower experience you'll have in a hotel. Generous suite sizing with working areas and relaxation spots. Breakfast buffet is of moderate size and somewhat expensive ($31 US). Impeccably maintained as you would expect.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed at the hotel a few weeks back, the ritz and fullerton were fully booked out, so i went with the GH. I was disappointed the pool does not open until 7am, great for tourists, bad for business folks who have to be in the office by 7ish.

I was pleasantly upgraded to a junior suite which was very nice, i found the room to be quite old, not to the standard of the grand hyatt in tokyo for example, there is no temperature monitor in the room, just a switch that allows you to turn from a strength of 5 to a low of 1. i found this to be quite odd, that said, the room temp was pretty comfy.

the bathroom had separate shower and tub, but i didn't venture into the tub, it looked old, dirty, the bottom of the tub (anti slippage) was peeling, just wasn't pleasant. i had a room facing the garden so it was quiet, but otherwise if you are traveling with kids the hotel can be very noisy at night given the bar in the basement which is happening every night.

upon check out at 630am the next day, there was one staff and took me about 9 mins to check out - its my fault, i should have done express check out.

overall, i wouldn't make this my top choice hotel in sing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The Grand Hyatt is one of my favorite hotels in Singapore. I arrived at the hotel in the afternoon and the check in process took only about 2 minutes. I was happy to learn that I was upgraded to a Junior Suite which has happened on 5 of my last 6 stays at the property. Strait's Kitchen is one of my favorite breakfast and dinner buffet locations. I received a 2pm checkout when I checked in and when my meeting changed they gave me a 3pm checkout. The rooms haven't changed much in the past 8 years. The only thing I noticed was that they upgraded their tv's from B&O to larger LG's.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Hotel is in one of the prime areas of singapore and next to famous Orchard Road
If you are a shopaholic then this is the hotel for u .
As it is hyatt so the hotel is very professional .
The only thing which i really feel is that it is quite old and requires a renovation

Room Tip: Try to book rooms in grand wing , else u may have to walk a lot to reach your room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business