Grand Pacific Hotel
USD 307*
USD 224*
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
USD 181*
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
USD 141*
USD 99*
  • Pool
Mandarin Orchard Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
USD 238*
USD 180*
Official Site
USD 264*
USD 213*
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
USD 211*
USD 161*
Marina Bay Sands(Singapore)
USD 529*
USD 367*
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
USD 190*
USD 168*
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
USD 495*
USD 326*
1,264 results
All reviewsvictoria streetbugis junctionmrt stationsbras basahsingapore stopoverbuffet breakfastwithin walking distancebugis arearaffles citybit datedexcellent locationcentral locationnon smokingarab streetstayed for nightspublic transportbus stop
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Recently stayed at Grand Pacific Hotel (formerly Allson). Hotel has undergone name change and some renovations. I hadn't stayed here for 6 years, so thought I would try it again. Location is excellent, just a few minutes from Raffles Plaza, Sun Tec City and all the shops at Bugis Junction. Had a standard double room on 4th floor. No much has changed here. Still has the dark wood panelling in the hallways and in the rooms. At least they have moved to flat-screen TVs. AC was good, room and bathroom clean. Never got to try breakfast as it was way too expensive (make sure it's included in any on-line room reservation). Front desk staff were helpful. I found it strange that with severl bell/doorman staff always floating around - in all the times I entered/exited the hotel - not one of them opened the door. Not that I am lazy - but I saw doormen at other hotels opening doors for their guests. I thought internet was included in the rate - but disappointed to find out it is around S$20 per 24hours. With so many less expensive and lower-star-rated hotels offering fast and free wifi in rooms - I fail to understand some of these larger, more expensive hotels that are still charging. Apart from mini-bar costs and laundry - it's about the only other way hotels can rip you off. I usually do not stay at hotels without free internet in rooms, but I made a mistake on this one. Would I recommend to friends? Probably. Would I stay here again? No - there's better deals around that include complimentary wifi.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank kwalaT
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The hotel as comfortable and lovely however the receptionists could have at least been a little more smiley to their holidaying customers. Breakfast was prompt meaning you had to have so by 10.00 and you were reminded of that even in the dining room. My brother was practically followed around the room with them clearing his stuff away thinking he had finished that in the end he laughed about it. Staff however were very pleasant and did try to help. We thank them all for their support and their concierge who told us about the boat trip across Singapore.

Room Tip: Just make sure you tell them all your requirements e.g. twin, double etc.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Maureen H
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Hotel Grand Pacific, Victoria Street Singapore
This is a nice hotel with eager, cheery and helpful staff. The room is a generous size with comfy Queen bed, tub chair, desk and chair, TV, fridge and the bathroom has a shower over the bathtub. All modern, clean and in good condition. The hotel breakfast was good with a wide selection of mainly western foods. The Grand Pacific is a non smoking hotel and it was pleasant having a room without the lingering stench of cigarettes. Local buses are available n#et door to the hotel with the opposite direction over the road. The Bras Basah MRT is an easy stroll around the corner and just down the road. There is a 7-11 n#et door and 24hr food courts are over the road or on Bras Basah road, towards the MRT. We'll happily return.

Room Tip: We had a Deluc room - upgraded because we booked 3 nights with breakfast. It fronted onto Victori street and we had no problem with noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LKRobbo
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed in Singapore for 2 days after spending a week at Club Med Bintan Island. We chosed this hotel mainly because of the location. The hotel is very close to Bras Basah MRT station so you can get to many destinations easily. The hotel has its own Cafe and restaurants - we had breakfasts included with our room. The buffet breakfast is ok has all the usual options. It also serve lunch and dinner buffets and it looks like it is very popular for the locals the place was full on Sunday we I walked pass. There is a local food count right opposite the road, the food was ok there fairly cheap. But if you walk down victoria Street (south) then turn right on Bras Basah Road and walk for about 5 mins there is a more modern foodcourt which has food from many different cultures.

The room is ok but it does need a renovation at some stage. The bathroom has a bath and it is reasonably clean.

This hotel has laundry, gym, and pool but we didn't use those facilities.

The staff there is fantastic didn't have a problem with any of them. All of them were very helpful to us.

If I want to be close to town and MRT station I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank giggler12345
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We (two adults & 1 child) spent 5 nights at the Grand Pacific and loved it! The location is terrific, close to shops, restaurants, malls, even a 7-11 next door, right on a bus route and walking distance to other transport.
We agree with other reviewers about the standard of the rooms which definitely need a make-over and some updating! The bathroom is tiny, but there is a bath/shower and complimentary soap/gels/shampoo etc. Bed was very hard and pillows need replacing ): Our daughter's rollaway bed was comfy by her standard. Room was clean, housekeeping staff friendly and unobtrusive (and respected the 'do not disturb' sign - happy to come back later without complaint, not usual in hotels these days!)
The staff were first-rate (except for one of the front desk ladies who had some real attitude which was quickly doused by the duty manager!!); they were especially helpful and caring when my husband fell ill and required a doctor and then a wheelchair. Management sent up a courtesy fruit basket and regularly checked on my husband's welfare. The concierge/s (all three) were fantastic with helpful suggestions and advice, and the restaurant/cafe staff went out of their way to help when my husband was in the wheelchair. They were also very child friendly, making life easier for our 6 year old!
No wi-fi in the room (but cable link available for $10/day), no drinks in the mini-bar fridge (7-11 next door to buy your own), no drama. Nice pool with sun lounges, cafe chairs/tables and plenty of shade or sun as you prefer.
We booked through SIA Holidays and would highly recommend the hotel (great rate) especially if you want to be seen as a guest and not just another number checking in!
Great work Grand Pacific Hotel staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family