The front desk area / entrance of the hotel is very old school and you do wonder where have you come. Some of the Reception staff could definitely be more amiable. Leaving these two cons it all went uphill. Deluxe Rooms are modern, spacious and well equipped. On our first night we stayed on their first floor and had the view of a very pretty peacock statue from our room. We were fortunate not to get a room in the basement, blocked by another building as some of the other reviewers have commented. On our second night we were on a higher floor and the room was again very good with view of their front yard. Washroom with the bath tub was a little tired but spacious and functional.
Location wise it’s right next to Rochor MRT, minutes walking straight to Bugis Street. You cross LASSALE which is opposite Rochor MRT. Most of the other similar priced hotels in this area have small / tiny rooms. There are a lot of eateries / cafes right outside and within walking distance you have got excellent vegan / vegetarian options.If you are staying here and want to buy a sim card head directly to Bugis mall and you have all the major operators retail stores there. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful. I was facing problems with WIFI in our first room but surprisingly adjusting my position in the room itself helped to get good connectivity so those facing the same problem could just trying moving around.
We did not have any meals here.
Definitely a good choice for your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Albert Court is a landmark of Albert Street restored from pre-war shop houses. The Paranakan-styled hotel has enhanced the historical shop houses with modern luxury to endowed guests to enjoy convenience while indulging in its rich cultural guestrooms. This popular hotel lies along the famous street for food and beverage before the 1980s, Albert Street. It was named the Gourmand Street of Singapore in Cantonese. The many celebrated restaurants still exist around the hotel today. The well located hotel is located in the heart of Singapore and is easily accessible to the Business District and Shopping District, which offers convenience to both the business and leisure travellers. From April 2014, experience the newly refurbished rooms designed with the necessities and comfort in mind for both business and leisure travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert Court Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Albert Court By Far East Hospitality Singapore