The hotel is a perfect location if you are a tourist and are not interested in the Orchard road scene of the usual international chains, but want to visit more ethnic and food court areas. Located right across the street from the edge of the India quarter (and Little India MRT) , a short walk to Arab Street, borders an art institute and the Sim Lin electronic area, and a short walk past food courts to Bugis Street, it is hard to imagine a more central spot. The staff is super helpful, especially Ms Joelhey. I'd lost my credit card at an ATM just before arriving, and she cheerfully took time from a busy desk to assist me in straightening that out, and quickly handled a booking miscommunication. The staff and doorman were friendly, though the concierge could have been more knowledgeable. The rooms were comfortable, we particularly enjoyed the well placed individual reading lights. Bathroom light was dim, which we also found at other Asian hotels. I wish we'd had time to have tea in the outdoor court. Next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Albert Court is a landmark of Albert Street restored from pre-war shop houses. The Paranakan-styled hotel has enhanced the historical shop houses with modern luxury to endowed guests to enjoy convenience while indulging in its rich cultural guestrooms. This popular hotel lies along the famous street for food and beverage before the 1980s, Albert Street. It was named the Gourmand Street of Singapore in Cantonese. The many celebrated restaurants still exist around the hotel today. The well located hotel is located in the heart of Singapore and is easily accessible to the Business District and Shopping District, which offers convenience to both the business and leisure travellers. From April 2014, experience the newly refurbished rooms designed with the necessities and comfort in mind for both business and leisure travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert Court Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Albert Court By Far East Hospitality Singapore