Pan Pacific Singapore
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kai(Singapore)
  • Breakfast included
8,373 results
All reviewshai tien lomarina baybalcony roomthe club loungesuntec cityour honeymoonexcellent hotelbuffet breakfastlate checkhigh floorshopping mallbusiness hotelraffles hotelmrt stationorchard roadatriumgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was in Singapore for four days whilst on an extended business stay around Asia for a couple of months but it felt ike a holiday with the time I spent at the Pan Pacific, the whole hotel feels top notch and luxurious.

My room on the 27th floor was spacious with great views across the city, with a comfortable bed and huge bathroom with a separate toilet room, shower room and bath room. The pool is a lovely location in which to relax and have a swim or a lounge by the water, I was so relaxed I fell asleep there one night after work. I ate in several of the restauraunts with a particularly amazing buffet in one place on the third floor one of the evenings of multi cutural food, all of it sunning quality from Indian, Chinese, Dim Sum, fresh sea food and even a British roast beef with yorkshire pudding. I had a little bit of many dishes but there was so much I just couldn't try. I ate in the bar restauraunt that is outside by the pool and the Fish and Chips were excellent. I had brekfast one morning and didn't have the buffest which I thought expensive, I had Eggs Benedict which was dry and overcooked and the only disappointment whilst eating at the hotel.

I heard staff saying they are having a major refurbishment from early April for three months with closures happening so check out details if you are staying there in the immeadiate future. I stay in a lot of hotels but not often I am so taken with one, well worth trying if you get the opportunity.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor if you can to see the amazing views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear lee_bear,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore as your preferred accommodation in Singapore and I am pleased to learn of your positive experience with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts.

We are pleased to share that the hotel will be embarking on a multi-million dollar refurbishment this mid April and will reopen in September 2012. The enhancement includes work on the infrastructure and design of our guestrooms and suites, the entire lobby and an entirely new ‘dining destination’. We are excited! We look forward to presenting you with an enriching and refreshing Pacific Experience after our transformation!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Paid about £200 a night - which is v pricey but perhaps not for Singapore hotel prices. However room was good with a balcony overlooking marina (partially blocked by annex building). The included breakfast buffet was good and the business "perk" of free drinks and canapes in the evening (time restrictions) was well utilised. Pool is big and the atrium v impressive. Staff all friendly.

Dear Crepes2,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the stay with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in extending our gratitude for your appreciation towards our effort. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience with us in the near future!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is a high end hotel with excellent location. Service level is of course very good. Location is Suntec City and 5 min. walk to Mandarin Bay convention center/shopping mall/casino. The breakfast is one of the best I have ever tried. The rooms is very spacious with windows from wall to wall, floor to ceiling.

Some flaws like very slow internet connection in the room (going off and on), and believe it or not even slower elevators and you need to settle down for a queue at peak hours at breakfast.

My next upcoming stay in Singapore I´ll try the Marina Mandarin.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the bay, it´s a very nice view with you windows from floor to ceiling.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Kennethtravelling,

We appreciate your constructive feedback with regard to our internet facility and do apologise that it has not met your expectations during your stay. We recognize that this facility has become an essential or a ‘must have’ for hotel guests, on business or leisure visit. With this said, we are working closely with our independent operator to improve upon our internet facility and, in one of our recent upgrades to the internet server, we witnessed some blind spots amongst our guestrooms that have left weak to no signals. To mitigate this situation, extensive work to the infrastructure will be carried out during our upcoming transformation.

The hotel will cease normal operations on 16 April and we will be fully open in September 2012 We are confident that this enhancement will bring a great improvement to our current internet facility. We look forward to presenting you with a refreshing surfing experience thereafter.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Singapore is very expensive. This hotel is not a 5 star... but all the hotels here are just average unless you spend $400-$500/night. The bathrooms need updated. They told us our room would have a panoramic view of the city & it wasn't. The location is close to shopping & restaurants. It's about a 10 minute cab ride to Marina Bay Sands.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear deenajan4,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate your constructive feedback on our guestroom facility. We are pleased to share that the hotel will be embarking on a multi-million dollar refurbishment and the enhancement includes work on the infrastructure and design of our guestrooms and suites, the entire lobby and an entirely new ‘dining destination’. We are excited to embark on the transformation journey ahead of us and look forward to presenting our guests with enriching and refreshing Pacific Experiences thereafter!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We had the pleasure in staying at Pan Pacific for four days at the beginng of March. The stay was enjoyed and hope one day to return .My review is taking into consideration the refurbishment that will take place over three months commencing April. Hotel is nicely situated within walking distance to many places of interest or if the legs have no desire for exercise the highly efficient MTR is never too far away . There is a walkway from the hotel to Sun Tec City and Marina Square if you are in need of some retail therapy. Also about a ten minute walk there is an open air hawkers market in Glutons Bay, where various Singaporian dishes can be purchased at a very reasonable price.Parasols if raining or just to shelter from the sun .
Now Pan Pacific itself , The welcome we recieved was very professional and like a breath of fresh air after our long flight from the UK. Must admit we were quiet disappointed with the room which i might add was spotless, and was provided with all the necessary additions you would expect from a top end establishment .The room in my eyes was souless, just another hotel room with no wow factor. I mentioned this to a member of front of house team and this was escalated to a senior member who's name I'm afraid has been forgotten .We were very generously offered a bigger room which due to the fact we had unpacked declined. Complimentary drinks were delivered to our room which we thought was a nice touch when you think of how many other guests were staying at the hotel . I'm sure after the needed refurbishment that the rooms will be brought back to past glory .
All staff without exception were a credit to the company. Breakfast although some mornings very busy was well organized and the food on offer was first class with all palates provided for .
All in all a great stay and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple