“Beautiful -Amazing - Classy”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #14 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
“Beautiful -Amazing - Classy”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My partner and I travelled to Singapore for our one year anniversary and stayed at Pan Pacific for 6 nights. What an amazing experience! We arrived at 3am in the morning and check in was so fast and easy. Such friendly, helpful and welcoming staff were very mindful of how tired and grumpy we were and did everything they could to assist.

After a sleep in, we enjoyed a late breakfast outside in the undercover cafe where the light rain fell around us. Just beautiful. Once again the staff were amazing, service was fast and everything was very clean.

The downstairs bar was a definite favourite (we enjoyed evening cocktails here almost every night) but the amazing proximity to the shopping centres is the real winner! The hotel literally links to the centre, meaning some days we would pop into Starbucks instead of eating breakfast at the hotel, or I broke my sunglasses one morning so stopped my the shops on my way out. So simple!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Princesslily89
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Dear Princesslily89,

It was our great pleasure to have you and your partner as our guests and I am thrilled to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us! Pan Pacific Singapore prides itself in creating memorable hotel experiences through having great relationships with our guests. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience with us in the near future!

Manager, Guest Care Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,451)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was in Singapore for four days whilst on an extended business stay around Asia for a couple of months but it felt ike a holiday with the time I spent at the Pan Pacific, the whole hotel feels top notch and luxurious.

My room on the 27th floor was spacious with great views across the city, with a comfortable bed and huge bathroom with a separate toilet room, shower room and bath room. The pool is a lovely location in which to relax and have a swim or a lounge by the water, I was so relaxed I fell asleep there one night after work. I ate in several of the restauraunts with a particularly amazing buffet in one place on the third floor one of the evenings of multi cutural food, all of it sunning quality from Indian, Chinese, Dim Sum, fresh sea food and even a British roast beef with yorkshire pudding. I had a little bit of many dishes but there was so much I just couldn't try. I ate in the bar restauraunt that is outside by the pool and the Fish and Chips were excellent. I had brekfast one morning and didn't have the buffest which I thought expensive, I had Eggs Benedict which was dry and overcooked and the only disappointment whilst eating at the hotel.

I heard staff saying they are having a major refurbishment from early April for three months with closures happening so check out details if you are staying there in the immeadiate future. I stay in a lot of hotels but not often I am so taken with one, well worth trying if you get the opportunity.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor if you can to see the amazing views.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear lee_bear,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore as your preferred accommodation in Singapore and I am pleased to learn of your positive experience with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts.

We are pleased to share that the hotel will be embarking on a multi-million dollar refurbishment this mid April and will reopen in September 2012. The enhancement includes work on the infrastructure and design of our guestrooms and suites, the entire lobby and an entirely new ‘dining destination’. We are excited! We look forward to presenting you with an enriching and refreshing Pacific Experience after our transformation!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Paid about £200 a night - which is v pricey but perhaps not for Singapore hotel prices. However room was good with a balcony overlooking marina (partially blocked by annex building). The included breakfast buffet was good and the business "perk" of free drinks and canapes in the evening (time restrictions) was well utilised. Pool is big and the atrium v impressive. Staff all friendly.

Dear Crepes2,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the stay with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in extending our gratitude for your appreciation towards our effort. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience with us in the near future!

Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is a high end hotel with excellent location. Service level is of course very good. Location is Suntec City and 5 min. walk to Mandarin Bay convention center/shopping mall/casino. The breakfast is one of the best I have ever tried. The rooms is very spacious with windows from wall to wall, floor to ceiling.

Some flaws like very slow internet connection in the room (going off and on), and believe it or not even slower elevators and you need to settle down for a queue at peak hours at breakfast.

My next upcoming stay in Singapore I´ll try the Marina Mandarin.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the bay, it´s a very nice view with you windows from floor to ceiling.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Kennethtravelling,

We appreciate your constructive feedback with regard to our internet facility and do apologise that it has not met your expectations during your stay. We recognize that this facility has become an essential or a ‘must have’ for hotel guests, on business or leisure visit. With this said, we are working closely with our independent operator to improve upon our internet facility and, in one of our recent upgrades to the internet server, we witnessed some blind spots amongst our guestrooms that have left weak to no signals. To mitigate this situation, extensive work to the infrastructure will be carried out during our upcoming transformation.

The hotel will cease normal operations on 16 April and we will be fully open in September 2012 We are confident that this enhancement will bring a great improvement to our current internet facility. We look forward to presenting you with a refreshing surfing experience thereafter.

deenajan4
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Singapore is very expensive. This hotel is not a 5 star... but all the hotels here are just average unless you spend $400-$500/night. The bathrooms need updated. They told us our room would have a panoramic view of the city & it wasn't. The location is close to shopping & restaurants. It's about a 10 minute cab ride to Marina Bay Sands.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear deenajan4,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate your constructive feedback on our guestroom facility. We are pleased to share that the hotel will be embarking on a multi-million dollar refurbishment and the enhancement includes work on the infrastructure and design of our guestrooms and suites, the entire lobby and an entirely new ‘dining destination’. We are excited to embark on the transformation journey ahead of us and look forward to presenting our guests with enriching and refreshing Pacific Experiences thereafter!