5,782 results
All reviews garden wing horizon club summit room waterfall restaurant orchard road shang palace lobby lounge pool view high tea our honeymoon botanical gardens fabulous hotel an upgrade deluxe room long flight late check canapes
Reviewed 9 May 2016

The hotel is huge and very impressive, the service is excellent, the food is great with an amazing buffet (Christmas lunch is especially good, although expensive) and the pool is very nice. The location is very good, close to Orchard Road but far enough away to be quiet. However you will probably need to get a taxi to go anywhere, since it is probably too far to walk in the daytime (unless you like walking in the tropical heat). I think the Valley Wing has some older rooms which feel a bit tired and the Tower Wing is newer, but you should make sure you know which room you are getting when you book, or at the latest when you check in.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank thoughtfulpebble
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and newborn and I did a staycation here for a night over Mother's Day weekend. Where to begin?

Reservation online - easy seamless done on phone

Checkin - Marcus took care of us, had me checked in with dinner Rez at 7pm and a breakdown on the special offerings for Mother's Day and the garden valley wing within 5 to 7 mins.

THe pool - really nice set up for adults and kids, deep end and shallow, lifeguards for safety. Perfecto

The room - fantastic room, very nice and comfortable, temperature was perfect, the added fruits and chocolates were appreciated.

Great toiletries, soaps shampoo (stole a bunch for the home!)

The Japanese restaurant was great. Extremely pricey, but we looked at the menu before we went down.

We did the Mother's Day Sunday brunch, and it was also very expensive BUT one of the best brunches EVER. I can't even begin to list everything they had but we were sufficiently catatonic afterwards. Probably need to wait another 6 months before we do a brunch like that again.

I wish I could stay longer, everyone really enjoyed the stay.

THanks Shang

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crabjunkie
Reviewed 8 May 2016

My wife and I stayed two nights prior to a three week cruise. The welcome we received was second to none. Breakfast was a bit manic due to numbers eating but everyone was catered efficiently. We dined one evening in the hotel's Cantonese restaurant. Service and food were superb. Our bedroom had every amenity.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Bob531
Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend for my daughter's birthday.

We experienced great hospitality from the moment we stepped in to the time we left. They helped to take a family shot for us at arrival and printed and delivered up with a complimentary birthday cake for my Daughter.

Room design needs some freshening but it's comfortable and always impeccably neat when we are back from our outings. Kudos to the Housekeeping team.

Breakfast at The Line has great variety to suit every taste. Quality stuff. The staffs are friendly and will make small talks with guest too.

Hope to be back for any another weekend soon!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SuakuJoy
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We had a family staycation and was at room 1908 over 6 May 2016.

Very appreciative of the staff at Shangri-la, special mention to Jade Ong for a last meeting reservation with special touches to make my 3 year old birthday an unforgettable experience.

Kids totally enjoyed the Swimming pool, perfect for my kids who have sensitive skin. Didn't feel chlorinated. Dinner at Nadaman was great and very child friendly restaurant. Service staff was very thoughtful of kids and helped split the food helpings into 2 for us. They even give us an extra ice cream because we had 2 kids.

Will definitely come back again for our next staycation!

Trip type: Travelled with family