“Super Hotel”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #19 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We were here 3 days pre-cruise, it was a pleasure to stay in this hotel. We were upgraded to a delux room on arrival which was a nice touch but it was the overall level of service that impressed us most that together with a lovely room (overlooking the famous Raffles Hotel) made for a very pleasant stay. The breakfast was good too. The hotel adjoins a shopping mall with a food court below which proved very convenient.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank liz315
Write a ReviewReviews (6,262)

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Having stayed in many Singapore hotels including Mandarin Oriental, Pan Pacific, Marina Bay Sands, W Hotel and others, I have to say I was underwhelmed by The Fairmont. I thought I'd give it a try as I was only overnighting and usually stay at the Mandarin Oriental (a world class hotel). Relying on tripadvisor reviews I expected it to be similar to other hotels I had stayed at in Singapore - I was wrong.

At the Fairmont I stayed on the 7th floor which was in serious need of updating. The bath needed relining or replacing, there was lots of black mould in the grouting of the tiles. The room was rather tired, stains in the carpet and old style fittings. But the bed was comfortable and I had a good sleep.

I ordered room service for breakfast which was very average.

The only saving grace in this hotel are the staff who are very efficient and helpful.

At checkin I was granted a complimentary late checkout as my flight was only departing in the evening. This was obviously not  noted on the system as I was called at noon to be asked if I would still be checking out at 12pm.

The Internet (at a charge of $28) went down around 9am and was not repaired by the time I left, leaving me unable to complete work I needed to do, but the charge was removed from my bill.

I doubt I'll be going back.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Lloydb73
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Great location for us. Hotel was very clean and comfortable to be in. Staff were wonderful. After a quick trip to Indonesia I noticed a terrible stain on my pants. Staff intermediately picked the garment up from our room (10pm) and they were stainless, washed and pressed and returned to me by 7am the next morning. I hadn't even asked them to rush the item. Overall, it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MelissaW1
Reviewed 12 May 2012

great hotel, great location!! very clean! they infuse the lobby with some kind of lavender oxygen its just great! It doesnt get much better than his place, would stay again no question!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank 134William
Reviewed 11 May 2012

After a 20 hr flight from the US my room was ready and the Conceirge service was outstanding. The staff bent over backwards to assist me during my stay. I had to store samples in their refrig which they did at no cost, only a tip and they didn't lose them which is always a concern. The workout are is suburb, with wood paneled walls and 10 tv's to watch while you work out. The pool is very nice and breakfast poolside is not to be me missed. When you get to your room make sure the bell man shows you how to close the draps and turn off the lights as they are operated by a master control boad near the bed. The Raffles hotel is accross the street and is a tourist trap ($29 beers!). The hotel is connected to a great shopping center with a fantastic food court and supermarket. Take a trip to the Marina Sands via the MRT and see the infinity pool. Learn the MRT, which is an easy and comfortable way to get around Singapore. Cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Make sure to ask to have your linens changed daily at the price they charge for a room.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on a higher floor away from the traffic