“Executive club worth it.”
Review of Fairmont Singapore

Fairmont Singapore
Ranked #19 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Just completed 6 wonderful nights at the Fairmont. I highly recommend the executive club rooms. It cost us about AUD$100 extra per night but it included breakfast, the room was newer and we really enjoyed the drinks and canapés from 5 to 8 pm. In fact, there was no need to go out for dinner - the canapés were sufficient. If you do want to eat, I recommend the restaurants in the basement of the Raffles City shopping centre under the hotel. There is a food court on the 3rd level but the food is a bit scary for non-locals. Don't bother checking in downstairs, take your luggage straight to the 23 rd floor to check in. Your executive club room will be on the 22nd or 23rd floor. No big queues. Same for checking out. Make sure you join the president's club before you head to Singpore as you get free wifi and local calls. The location is fantastic and the MRT is under the hotel (head towards the Swiss hotel for the closest entrance).

7  Thank BrissyGirl00
There are newer reviews for Fairmont Singapore

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location is excellent! Just cross the street to enjoy a Sling a the Long Bar or walk ~10-15 minutes to the bay, Merlion, etc... City Hall MRT station is at the base. The view from the south tower, 16th floor, bay facing room was awesome! We could clearly see the Marina Bay Sands, Merlion, and downtown. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only complaint is that the room was a little old and shabby in places.

2  Thank John P
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Fairmont Singapore on a 7 day business trip (Feb 2012). I brought along my wife and 4 month old son... his first visit to Asia and first foreign trip away from our home in London.

From the moment we checked in the staff could not have been more helpful and attentive. We were staying in the newly renovated tower, in a very comfortable contemporary room with great views over the city. A cot was already in place, along with plenty of blankets and bedding not to mention a welcome pack including a large number of infant toiletries - a really nice personal touch.

We also recevied a couple of phonecalls during our stay to check if there was anything else that could be done to make our stay more comfortable. Also my itinerary changed while we were there. The staff at the reservations desk were extremely helpful in helping me with my change of travel plans.

The hotel is in a great central location and is attached to an extensive underground mall. There are also great leisures facilities. My Son had a wonderful time at the Alligator Pear swimming complex and my wife found getting around Singapore extremely easily from the hotel's location.

I could not fault our stay at the Singapore Fairmont. We had a wonderful time on our first trip away from the UK as a family. The Staff provided a first class personal service which is very rare in larger Hotel. The accommodation and facilities were perfect for both business and my family. I could not recommend a stay here more highly.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank t m
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Ahh, the Fairmont!

It's one of those famous international hotel names that just begs you to go there and be impressed. Sadly, in my most recent stay at the Fairmont Singapore, I was very disappointed with the hotel facilities.

Let me expalin. For those of you who don't know this location, it's a relatively recent addition to the Fairmont chain of wonderful hotels that are sprinkled lightly around the globe. I've stayed at a number of their other inns, and they were first rate - so let's focus on the Sngapore one, as it's the topic of this review.

The Singapore Fairmont started out as The Plaza, linked to the famous NYC Plaza hotel of "Sex in the City" and "The Way We Were" fame. It was later acquired by its highly noted local neighbor, Raffles and then was recently sold to the Fairmont chain. The land and buildings, of course, belong to someone else, but the operator that is responsible for the building is the Fairmont Group.

If you go into the lobby of the hotel, you'll see that it is little changed over the past ten or so years and the lobby furniture, though still in good enough shape, is due soon for an upgrade. Attached, as it is, to the large MTR hub in the basement of the adjacent Raffles City shopping mall, the buidling gets quite a bit of foot traffic and is thus subject to the kind of abuse you'd expect from such a location.

But it's not the public areas that disappointed me, but instead the condition of my room, especially my toilet and shower. To be blunt: my room was worn out. The carpeting was thin in a number of locations, the walls showed cracks and the room was in bad need of a new coat of paint. But it was in the bath room, that the lack of attention to the infrastructure was evident. Big chunks of plaster were falling off the walls next to the shower stall (an odd design, that always puzzeled me since there's no way to prevent water from coming out of the shower and onto the main bathroom floor - dangerous and sloppy design), grout was missing from the tile walls and the toilet fixture was, let's say, unhappy.

If you are looking to stay in Singapore, I suggest that you consider spending a few more dollars and select another hotel - for example, the Fullerton?

Room Tip: Select an upgraded one - a suite or deluxe king, and make sure to look over the room a bit before yo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Tomago
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Room is nice and spacious. Great location just opposite the Raffles Hotel and behind Raffles City Shopping Centre and access to the MRT from there.

Great service. Our flight arrived well before the check in time at 6am but we were able to relax in the hospitality room on the 6th floor which had a TV, coffee maker, lounges, desk etc. Then they called to say our room was available at 9am which was fantastic.

Comfy bed with almost too soft pillows for me. Bathroom is a bit older styled in taps and toilet flushing button.

Overall had a nice stay.

2  Thank k_nni