Goodwood Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Breakfast included
York Hotel(Singapore)
YOTEL Singapore(Singapore)
Ascott Orchard Singapore(Singapore)
1,782 results
All reviewshigh teapoolside suitesmaller poolorchard roadcoffee loungegordon grillmayfair poolmain poolmin jiangidil reubensplit levelhistorical hotelcolonial charmmain buildingfar east plazajunior suitechinese restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2012

A lot of history in this heritage hotel harking back to the city's colonial past. Very well located just off Orchard Road on Scotts Road. Easy access to the shopping in Orchard and just 5 minutes by taxi to Chinatown, Little India, Arab Street and Holland Village. The high tea seems to be a favorite attraction but I didn't have time to try it. As expected, friendly and efficient staff.

If you need your TV fix you will be disappointed. The image and sound quality is poor [especially if you're used to digital].

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed at The Goodwood Park for 4 nights at the start of a six week holiday. We were delighted with this hotel. We hate large impersonal hotels and this was just right. The staff were extremely helpful and never once forgot our names. We had a superb meal in the fine dining restaurant. It is within easy walking distance of Orchard Rd and as we used the hop on hop off buses we got to see everything very easily.
We were disappointed to find that Raffles for afternoon tea was full on both the weekend days and had tea at Goodwood Park instead which was perfect (and a great deal cheaper).
Unlike another guest reviewer we found the cost very reasonable. It pays to shop around!
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have been linving in Vietam for 20 years, so really I don't mind humidity, but my room at goodwood park Hotel was so humide, I couldn't beleive it. I even asked the room service to change the bedsheet because they were wet. i asked recpetion for help, but nobody did anything. The toilet paper rolls were falling apart becasue of to much humidity. We had a terrible stay. Location is perdfect, the italian restaurent is one of the best in Asia, but the room.... it is like sleeping in a aquarium!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ericvietnam
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This review is for the serviced apartments at Good Wood Park; these are the apartments at the back of the Good Wood Park Hotel at 22 Scotts. I stayed in the service apartment for 7 nights with my young son, and it was a mixed experience but generally positive. First the apartments are located at the back of the hotel, a seperate building which you have to walk across a road and through two parking lots, no sidewalks, to reach. At check-in there was a mistake in my booking which required a call from our travel agent to resolve. Once at the apartments, there are two elevators which service the six floors. The elevators ran smoothly and we never had to wait long. The building itself is pretty dated but well kept. The apartment was a split level with the bedroom on the top by the front door, and the living/dining, bathroom and kitchen on the bottom. The apartment had a generally damp feeling so things never quite dried when I hung clothes up. The couch was incredibly uncomfortable but there was a nice reading chair with ottaman. The couch could to convert into a double bed, but the mattress looked very thin and cheap. The kitchen was well stocked with cooking pots, cutlery/dishes, and glasses. The fridge and stove were small but adequet, and there was plenty of shelf space. Bring your own salt/pepper. No brew coffee machine was available; but a hot water maker and instant coffee. The bathroom was clean and well kept. It is recently renovated. There was also a patio which opened from the living room, with a dining table and two chairs. The lock to the door is low so a small child could reach it. The patio railing is a half wall with a built in sitting bench next to the edge; those with little children would want to be careful about this. The bedroom has glass looking out to the living room so you couldn't really have one person sleeping and the other in the living room watching tv. There is no door to the bedroom. There was a closet under the stair case which was great for storing our luggage. Room service was very good; timely, good food, hot. The pricing is middle expensive, relative to other Singapore hotels. Hotel food is generally very expensive in Singapore ($25-45 SD per dish). Complimentary bottled water was replaced daily. Housekeeping was very good (did the dishes!) There is an Isten grocery store at the Ion shopping center (5 mins walk) but it is geared to Asian food products. Find a Cold Store grocery to find more European/American food (Mac&Cheese for example). There is a Pizza Hut in Lucky Plaza which is about 5 mins walk. To get from the apartment to Scotts road, you have to walk down a road (no sidewalk) and a parking lot. All the parking lot walking really reduced the whole experience. It feels like the step-child of the hotel. Internet access is $28 per day *per device*. Additional devices are $28/day each device. All told, I'd stay again but if I found other serviced apartments, I'd try them rather than staying at the Good Wood again.

Room Tip: Ask for reduced internet rate.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Live_frm_AsiaPac
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I spent four nights at this hotel during March 2012. The best thing about the hotel in my opinion is the location. It's close to the Orchard Road and the Orchard metro station. There are a lot of shopping options and decent restaurants near by (on the other hand, it is difficult to find a place in Singapore where this isn't true).

Hotel was okay; the room was spacious and clean, the service was okay and the staff was pleasant. No problems or surprises there.

The biggest problem in my opinion was the price. It was really expensive and even though I paid something like $300 per night I wasn't able to get breakfast included. In addition, they even charged me over $100 extra for using two devices on the Internet.

If the price would have been lower and without those extra charges, I think I would have been happy with the hotel. However, now I feel that there must be better options in this price range.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business