New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #20 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok, Thailand
“Needs renovation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Service is good, but the hotel clearly needs modernisation. Facilites are run down and rooms are rather boring. With the help of better placed lighting, some colour and new bathrooms, the facilities would get a facelift and would give better value for money considering that this was not a cheap hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Axel B,

Thank you very much for staying with us.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent visit to Singapore.

Your comments are well noted and I am pleased to confirm that we are in the midst of finalizing our hotel refurbishment program scheduled for 2012. This program will cover the majority of our guest rooms and public areas.

Could I take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling 65 6831 6602?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we very much look forward having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Orchard hopefully in a near future!

Frederic Jenni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ajijic, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

If you want proximity to shopping/Orchard Road, this is a good pick as you can go out the back door of the hotel, through a small mall and you are on Orchard Road, not far from the intersection of Scotts Roads.

However, that was the best thing about the hotel. Whilst it was ok, it was not a patch on it's sister hotel, the Pan Pacific Singapore which is where I normally stay. If the hotel was not in Singapore, you'd rate the service as being good. However it fell way below Singapore 4 & 5 star standards.

I had a suite and whilst nicely furnished, it had seen much better days. It didnt even have a desk - I am a business traveller so this is important to me as I dont like working in the same room in which I sleep. The bed was rock, rock hard - my back ached for two days after leaving. Pillows were ok

The Pacific lounge was nicely furnished/decorated. Canapes in the evening - well there were hardly any and what was there was very average so I didnt bother going the second night. Breakfast was quite nice although some of the staff left a bit to be desired. On my first morning (Saturday), a menu was shoved in my face and I was asked to make a selection while standing in the middle of the lounge, before I had even sat down!! He did the same to the guy who came in after me and he got really annoyed and barked at the server to let him sit down and consider it. Staff on the Sunday morning were excellent.

Reception staff were efficient but pretty cold/unfriendly. The telephone service line took so long to be answered one night, I was just about to put the phone done in disgust when it was finally answered.

The mineral pool was freezing - it was no wonder that no-one was out there - it was unuseable Whilst the weather was unusually cool for Singapore, the next hotel I stayed in, their pool was warm and useable so I suspect their filtration method makes the water cold.

Would I come back - perhaps if I REALLY needed to be in this location again. I wouldnt bother with suite or Club room as it was a complete waste of money. From photos, the ordinary room has a desk and the Pacific Club is ordinary, It is reasonable value for money but dont expect a luxury hotel for your money.

Room Tip: Dont bother with a suite or club room. Its not worth it.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank SmartTraveller
Dear SmartTraveller,

Thank you very much for staying with us.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent visit to Singapore and we are very regretful of your unpleasant experience.

Your valuable comments will be shared and discussed with our associates and respective heads of department. I am also pleased to confirm that we are in the midst of finalizing our hotel refurbishment program scheduled for 2012 and this program will cover the majority of our guest rooms and public areas.

Could I take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602?

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we very much look forward having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Orchard hopefully in a near future!

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

The hotel is in a good location , the rooms are clean but this is definitley not a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shayne C
Dear Shayne C,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest during your recent visit to Singapore and glad that you enjoyed the hotel's convenient location.

Your valuable comments will be shared with respective heads of department and I would like to share with you that we are in the midst of finalizing our hotel refurbishment program scheduled for 2012 which will cover the majority of our guest rooms and public areas.

Please accept our sincere appreciation for taking the time to share your experience with us and we definitely look forward to your return visit!

dhaka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Check-in was fast, our room was ready and available for early check-in.

Hotel buffet breakfast was a bit pricy. You can opt for breakfast at Starbucks, Coffee Bean & McDonald's, which are very close to the hotel, about 3 minutes walk.

7eleven store, money exchange, resturants, fast foods, Orchard Road malls are very near.
Hotel rooms are clean, service is good.

Cons: No free wi-fi in rooms.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are better & corner rooms are away from the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear mashuralam,

Greetings from Pan Pacific Orchard!

It is wonderful to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us.

Your valuable comments will be shared with our associates and respective heads of department. I am pleased to inform you that we are in the midst of finalizing our hotel refurbishment program scheduled for 2012 and as part of this program, we will be installing WIFI connections in all our guest rooms.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we look forward having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Orchard hopefully in a near future.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at fjenni@panpacific.com or by calling +65 6831 6602 if I can be of any assistance.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Very convenient and nice set up. Delicious breakfast buffet. Rooms are spacious.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PanPacificOrchard, General Manager at Pan Pacific Orchard, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Courche,

Greetings from Pan Pacific Orchard!

It has been a wonderful pleasure to have you as our guest during the festive season.

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and you have enjoyed our Chefs’ creations. I will definitely pass on your comments to our Chefs and associates and I’m sure they will be happy to know that they have left such a great impression.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pan Pacific Orchard hopefully in a near future.